Windows 10: how to reduce size of image on canvas

Discus and support how to reduce size of image on canvas in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I reduce the size of an image on canvas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by athens2, May 7, 2020.

1. athens2 Win User

how to reduce size of image on canvas

how do I reduce the size of an image on canvas

:)

athens2, May 7, 2020
  2. th9o Win User

Changing the canvas size

I know how to change the canvas size, obviously. What I mean is that when I open Paint 3D the canvas size is a weird one, I can change it, but when I open the app again it's the same weird resolution, and it's getting pretty annoying to change it every
    time. It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to know how to get 1920×1080 / 2048×2048 when I open the app.

th9o, May 7, 2020
  3. Fresh Paint for Windows 10

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try steps provided below and check if it helps.

Change the canvas size

The canvas size is the full editable area of an image. The Canvas Size command lets you increase or decrease an image’s canvas size. Increasing the canvas size adds space around an existing image. Decreasing an image’s canvas
    size crops into the image. If you increase the canvas size of an image with a transparent background, the added canvas is transparent. If the image doesn’t have a transparent background, there are several options for determining the color of the added canvas.

1. Choose Image > Canvas Size.

2. Do one of the following:

• Enter the dimensions for the canvas in the Width and Height boxes. Choose the units of measurement you want from the pop‑up menus next to the Width and Height boxes.
    • Select Relative, and enter the amount you want to add or subtract from the image’s current canvas size. Enter a positive number to add to the canvas, and enter
      a negative number to subtract from the canvas.
    3. For Anchor, click a square to indicate where to position the existing image on the new canvas.

4. Choose an option from the Canvas Extension Color menu:

• Foreground to fill the new canvas with the current foreground color
    • Background to fill the new canvas with the current background color
    • White, Black, or Gray to fill the new canvas with that color
    • Other to select a new canvas color using the Color Picker
    Note:

You can also click the white square to the right of the Canvas Extension Color menu to open the Color Picker.

The Canvas Extension Color menu isn’t available if an image doesn’t contain a background layer.

5. Click OK.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Ravindra Kamath, May 7, 2020
  4. Trybird Win User

How do I customize the size of Paint 3D’s Canvas?

In Paint 3D, I can click "Canvas" icon,

how to reduce size of image on canvas 2d997a8c-d4d4-4efd-b3e2-cdd2e13f2bb2.png

then can drag the canvas' corner to change the size of the canvas.

how to reduce size of image on canvas c3e0ec3c-bc66-463b-93b2-a7a80205e47b.png

how to reduce size of image on canvas 20c4f905-54b5-4281-82b5-9f53015a8470.png

Now I wanna each time while opening Paint 3D or using it, its canvas can have a fixed custom size of matching my mind.

How should I do?

Take Paint as an example to clearly explain further:

We know, we can easily customize the size of Paint’s Canvas, as for me, I can use Notepad to create a batch file named
    ResetPaintView.bat, which reads as follows:

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\View" /f /v BMPWidth /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000021

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\View" /f /v BMPHeight /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000016

(Why is its size set to so small? because I frequently paste the screenshot to Paint, so need it become small enough.)

then save it.

Each time use it, right-click on it and then run it as administrator.

This is the way that customize the size of Paint’s Canvas.

Now I wanna that Paint 3D also can customize the size of its canvas just
    simply as in Paint

Please help me.

Trybird, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. how to reduce size of image on canvas - Similar Threads - reduce size image

2. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  3. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  4. How to increase the canvas' size handle in MS Paint

How to increase the canvas' size handle in MS Paint: My employer got me an Alienware laptop to work from home with Windows 10 Pro. I use MS Paint a lot and I noticed that the resize handles are super small and I have such a difficult time finding them, especially the side one and bottom one. Furthermore, although at 100% view,...
  5. How to set size of Paint canvas ?

How to set size of Paint canvas ?: I am inserting images into a Paint canvas but the size of the canvas changes. How do I lock the size. thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-size-of-paint-canvas/94962052-17be-4130-a9db-e6e807bfb7bb
  6. How to reduce Windows size in C?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reduce Windows size in C?: Hi, I have a small SSD and I want the minimal possible install of Windows and transfer what is possible of C:\ to disk D:\, specially files that don't need to be loaded fast. I already moved user folders to D:\ but I don't know if it is possible to move non importat stuff...
  7. How to reduce Windows size in C?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reduce Windows size in C?: Hi, I have a small SSD and I want the minimal possible install of Windows and transfer what is possible of C:\ to disk D:\, specially files that don't need to be loaded fast. I already moved user folders to D:\ but I don't know if it is possible to move non importat stuff...
  8. how to reduce the size of window displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reduce the size of window displays: how to reduce the size of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window-displays/d7a3f259-3c5f-4fae-ba22-1128024e4075
  9. How To Reduce Size of Photo?

How To Reduce Size of Photo?: Hi all, I just want to know I can reduce the width of a photo I've taken so that both the left and right side of the photo are subtracted equally. How can I best do this using Windows Paint? Thank you! 89479
  10. File size not reducing when changing image size

in Windows 10 Support
    File size not reducing when changing image size: I have a 16 mg image, 4500x3000. I resized all the way down to 100x100 and the file size won't change from 12.4 or so. This is true for all photos in a certain file I downloaded from online. They are appliance products. I tried downloading a random, even larger image from...