Windows 10: How To Reduce Size of Photo?

Discus and support How To Reduce Size of Photo? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I just want to know I can reduce the width of a photo I've taken so that both the left and right side of the photo are subtracted equally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NiceAndShy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. How To Reduce Size of Photo?

Hi all,

I just want to know I can reduce the width of a photo I've taken so that both the left and right side of the photo are subtracted equally.

How can I best do this using Windows Paint?

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, Jul 20, 2017

2. How to reduce size of window boarders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method1: Try to uninstall and re-install the Display drivers.

You may follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the Display drivers:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the Display drivers, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device
      you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    Method 2: You can try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if this helps:

• Press the ‘Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type compatibility in the search box and then press
      enter
    • Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.
    • Select the drivers and install.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 20, 2017
  3. FordLadd Win User
    How to reduce size of window boarders

After updating from W7-64 Pro to W10-64, the boarders for all applications, like Word, Adobe, Outlook, etc, doubled or tripled in size, with pop ups for printing expanding to larger than the entire screen.

How may I reduce the size of these boarders. Thank you.

FordLadd, Jul 20, 2017
  4. How To Reduce Size of Photo?

I just want to make sure that both the left and right sides of the photo are reduced equally.

It'll look weird if the left side of the photo is reduced too much for example.

NiceAndShy, Jul 20, 2017
  5. Hey guys, I hope I'm being clear with my question?

NiceAndShy, Jul 20, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    You can use any photo app and choose crop it's a standard tool a lot show a rule of thirds grid to help you

Samuria, Jul 20, 2017
  7. me75006 Win User
    me75006, Jul 21, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

How To Reduce Size of Photo?

Virtually any Image Editor will do that.

Within Windows 10, Photos App is easiest for that, though you could use Paint with some calculation.
    Others are IrfanView, Paint.NET.

Helmut, Jul 21, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I use MSPaint [not the new Paint3D] on a daily basis and it has a Resize feature, experiment with various settings such as 50% or 200% to see the results.

Berton, Jul 21, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    In Paint, make sure that Select on the ribbon at the top is set for 'Rectangular selection'. Click and drag to select an area of the picture, then click Crop on the ribbon to remove everything outside your selection. Make sure you use 'Save as' to save with a new name or you'll overwrite the original file - I'm guessing you'll want to keep that.

The bottom status bar of Paint has three sets of numbers to help you see precisely what you are doing when you select the area to crop. Thee first pair is the horizontal and vertical position of your cursor in pixels while it is in the picture area, the second is the size in pixels of the area selected, and the third is the size of the original image. Note that the numbering of the pixels starts at zero, so the position of the top left pixel is 0,0.

11. I've only got access to the inbuilt Windows Paint so I'll try it tonight.

NiceAndShy, Jul 21, 2017
  12. Steve C Win User
    No - you also have access to the Photos app. Select Edit then Crop & Rotate. Set any aspect ratio you want to crop the photo.

Steve C, Jul 21, 2017
  13. How To Reduce Size of Photo?

Ah, really?

How do I access the Photos app?

EDIT:

How do I Edit and Crop the photo so that I can reduce its width equally on the left and right side?

NiceAndShy, Jul 21, 2017
  14. Steve C Win User
    The Photos app is normally installed by default. If not,search for Microsoft Photos in the Store. The aspect ratio will be maintained when you crop the photo. I'm not aware of any photo editing program which crops equally on each side - you have to position which part of the photo you want to be in the cropping frame.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Reduce Size of Photo?

1. How To Reduce Size of Photo? - Similar Threads - Reduce Size Photo

2. How to really reduce font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to really reduce font size: Is there a way to make the font size smaller than 100%? From what I can tell, the font size setting is already set to minimum. I'd be happy to use some unknown hack so that the fonts don't take up so much space on my screen. I don't have much experience editing registry...
  3. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  4. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  5. How to reduce gameplay video size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce gameplay video size?: I have this channel on youtube where I record gameplays with webcam and commentary: Urdu Gameplays - YouTube the final video becomes of 3gb if the video's length is around 30 minutes, I use a bitrate of 10mbps from adobe premiere on 1080p. Is there a way to reduce the file...
  6. how to reduce size of image on canvas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reduce size of image on canvas: how do I reduce the size of an image on canvas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-size-of-image-on-canvas/3c9605ca-e5ed-4313-a17e-0cefa107e5f3
  7. How to reduce Windows size in C?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reduce Windows size in C?: Hi, I have a small SSD and I want the minimal possible install of Windows and transfer what is possible of C:\ to disk D:\, specially files that don't need to be loaded fast. I already moved user folders to D:\ but I don't know if it is possible to move non importat stuff...
  8. How to reduce Windows size in C?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reduce Windows size in C?: Hi, I have a small SSD and I want the minimal possible install of Windows and transfer what is possible of C:\ to disk D:\, specially files that don't need to be loaded fast. I already moved user folders to D:\ but I don't know if it is possible to move non importat stuff...
  9. how to reduce the size of window displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reduce the size of window displays: how to reduce the size of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window-displays/d7a3f259-3c5f-4fae-ba22-1128024e4075
  10. Reduce photo size in emails

in Browsers and Email
    Reduce photo size in emails: In Windows 10, how can I reduce the size of photos I want to attach to my emails so that the entire photo either fits or is smaller than the screen size? 49719