Windows 10: How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

Discus and support How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed. I am naturally a fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anotheruser1124, Mar 18, 2021.

1. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed.

I am naturally a fast typist but due to some medical reasons I need a way slow myself down. It is almost impossible to do consciously (as I will fall back to faster typing when I need to type anything urgently) so I am looking to find a software way that essentially forces a compulsory delay between typing different letters.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/anotheruser1124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anotheruser1124, Mar 18, 2021

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Win 10, I'm unable to change my keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed.

JosephBrunner41, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 18, 2021
  4. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Krishnan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I uninstalled the keyboard and mouse drivers as you recommended, then restarted, but the keyboard repeat rate is still slow and I cannot change it with keyboard settings. Any other suggestions? Many thanks. Joe

JosephBrunner41, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

1. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)? - Similar Threads - reduce speed keyboard

2. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  3. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  6. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  7. How to reduce blue tooth delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reduce blue tooth delay?: Long irrelevant intro about my personal life My bluetooth earbuds seem to have delay. When people talk during video calls or videos there's a noticeable delay between the audio and their lips. Are there any ways to reduce this? submitted by /u/RexDoloris [link]...
  8. Keyboard repeat delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  9. How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay. These terms are inter-related. When you make active, any text field or an editor and, press and hold a single character key, it will immediately type the [...] This post How to set the...
  10. Keyboard Speed and Delay does not work in 1809?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Speed and Delay does not work in 1809?: hi i was using this in older Windows versions and even windows 10 older builds to set the speed: [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard] "InitialKeyboardIndicators"="2" "KeyboardSpeed"="31" "KeyboardDelay"="0" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard]...