Windows 10: How to reduce Windows size in C?

Discus and support How to reduce Windows size in C? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a small SSD and I want the minimal possible install of Windows and transfer what is possible of C:\ to disk D:\, specially files that don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by burley_feest, Mar 10, 2020.

1. How to reduce Windows size in C?

Hi, I have a small SSD and I want the minimal possible install of Windows and transfer what is possible of C:\ to disk D:\, specially files that don't need to be loaded fast. I already moved user folders to D:\ but I don't know if it is possible to move non importat stuff from Windows folder or something like that to another disk.

Other thing: is there a safe and good ISO of a reduced Windows? I just use it to play games and I don't need the included software, Cortana or pretty much anything other than Windows Explorer and drivers, not even system restore is needed since if I have any problem it is just format and reinstall the games.

:)

burley_feest, Mar 10, 2020
  2. lacrumb Win User

Window 10: C drive disk size reduces automatically.

My suggestion would be to reduce the size of the new volume and move the unallocated space next to the (CHow to reduce Windows size in C? :) and extend (CHow to reduce Windows size in C? :) into the

that area.

You might want to do a Disk Cleanup first including cleaning the system files.

The Disk Cleanup app is included in all apps under Windows Administrative.

lacrumb, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

http://www.partition-tool.com/knowledge-base/how-to-extend-system-partition.htm

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 10, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

How to reduce Windows size in C?

How do I reduce the text size on the desktop

Hi Colin,

We suggest referring to the reply of Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    to help you with your concern. Follow the steps provided on the thread to
    help you reduce the text size for your desktop.

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

How to reduce Windows size in C?

1. How to reduce Windows size in C? - Similar Threads - reduce size

2. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  3. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  4. How do I reduce the size of Microsoft Edge sidebar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reduce the size of Microsoft Edge sidebar icons?: My Microsoft Edge sidebar icons suddenly started looking like this. Can anyone help me with how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reduce-the-size-of-microsoft-edge-sidebar/a8c2da9b-4a80-4c6f-a7cd-886b39a44c2c
  5. How do I reduce the size of Microsoft Edge sidebar icons?

How do I reduce the size of Microsoft Edge sidebar icons?: My Microsoft Edge sidebar icons suddenly started looking like this. Can anyone help me with how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reduce-the-size-of-microsoft-edge-sidebar/a8c2da9b-4a80-4c6f-a7cd-886b39a44c2c
  6. not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10: Recently out of the blue after a routine auto-update of window 10, am no longer able to down size video significantly when open in photo app or fiim/TV app to trim. Used to be able to trim down significantly from GB to MB- relatively fast and seamless. Now it does not trim...
  7. not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10

not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10: Recently out of the blue after a routine auto-update of window 10, am no longer able to down size video significantly when open in photo app or fiim/TV app to trim. Used to be able to trim down significantly from GB to MB- relatively fast and seamless. Now it does not trim...
  8. How to really reduce font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to really reduce font size: Is there a way to make the font size smaller than 100%? From what I can tell, the font size setting is already set to minimum. I'd be happy to use some unknown hack so that the fonts don't take up so much space on my screen. I don't have much experience editing registry...
  9. How to really reduce font size

How to really reduce font size: Is there a way to make the font size smaller than 100%? From what I can tell, the font size setting is already set to minimum. I'd be happy to use some unknown hack so that the fonts don't take up so much space on my screen. I don't have much experience editing registry...
  10. How do I reduce the File Explorer font size?

How do I reduce the File Explorer font size?: HI, I know this is not a new question as I've seen others post about it, but I've not found a solution that works. The font size in Windows File Explorer is far too big, so much so that the file titles are pressed against each other and the tails of letters like y and g are...