Windows 10: How to reenable flyout for open windows?

Discus and support How to reenable flyout for open windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I installed Razer Cortex a few days ago, and I uninstalled it just now because for some reason, when I hover my mouse over any open apps, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by munastro, Feb 13, 2022.

1. munastro Win User

How to reenable flyout for open windows?

So I installed Razer Cortex a few days ago, and I uninstalled it just now because for some reason, when I hover my mouse over any open apps, there won't be a flyout animation, it's just static. This applies for open windows also. How do I reenable these flyouts or something? Start Menu still has the flyout tho.

:)

munastro, Feb 13, 2022

2. Microsoft Edge, access to the Settings Flyout crashes process Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe)

Every time these open

• Settings Flyout
    • JavaScript Popups (Alert, Prompts etc)
    • Make a Web Note
    The screen goes black for a moment. The windows Event Viewer logs few entries

• DWM.exe crash
    • Windows Error Reporting
    • DWM.exe restart
    Now this leaves the settings flyout completely inaccessible.

The sequence of events and view

I click the THREE DOTS to access the settings flyout. It has basic settings. I then click the Settings Menu Item. Error is thrown, dwm.exe crash and restart. The Full Settings Menu is visible, but when I click, the buttons from Basic Settings are clicked
    instead, even though the Full Settings Flyout is visible. But this works okay if I use the TAB, SPACE and ARROWs to navigate between them.

This problem is there for a few months, even before the Anniversary Update.

Notes:

• Windows is up-to-date
    • Drivers are up-to-date
    • I am Windows Insider, but the problem is on Production Build

GaneshAlhat, Feb 13, 2022
  3. Ianier Win User
    UWP - Focus issues when opening a flyout from an AppBarButton

I'm facing the following issue in a UWP app targeting the "anniversary update" SDK build 14393.

When opening a Flyout from an AppBarButton, the controls inside the flyout lose their ability to be focused when clicked/tapped (tab still works, though). If the same Flyout is assigned to a Button then focus work as expected.

Here's some code to reproduce the issue (create a blank UWP project and copy & paste it into the main page grid):

<!-- in the dark theme focus is more visible -->

<StackPanelOrientation="Horizontal"VerticalAlignment="Center">

<ButtonContent="Button">

<Button.Flyout>

<Flyout>

<StackPanelOrientation="Horizontal">

<TextBox/>

<ButtonContent="OK"/>

</StackPanel>

</Flyout>

</Button.Flyout>

</Button>

<AppBarButtonContent="AppBarButton">

<Button.Flyout>

<Flyout>

<StackPanelOrientation="Horizontal">

<TextBox/>

<ButtonContent="OK"/>

</StackPanel>

</Flyout>

</Button.Flyout>

</AppBarButton>

</StackPanel>

When I run the above code and open the Flyout by clicking "Button", clicking alternatively the TextBox and OK Button inside the Flyout cause the focus to move between the controls as expected. However, when I open the Flyout by clicking "AppBarButton" the
    focus doesn't move when the controls inside the Flyout are clicked.

[Edit, More details] When the Flyout opens from the AppBarButton the focus isn't transferred to the Flyout but stays on the page. You can see this by pressing Tab.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Ianier, Feb 13, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2022
Thema:

1. How to reenable flyout for open windows? - Similar Threads - reenable flyout open

2. How do revert to windows 10 calendar flyout and action centre flyout in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do revert to windows 10 calendar flyout and action centre flyout in windows 11: How to get back windows 10 calendar flyout and action center back in windows 11 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-revert-to-windows-10-calendar-flyout-and/281b28c1-f933-4df1-8bdb-13029c17c96c
  3. How do revert to windows 10 calendar flyout and action centre flyout in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do revert to windows 10 calendar flyout and action centre flyout in windows 11: How to get back windows 10 calendar flyout and action center back in windows 11 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-revert-to-windows-10-calendar-flyout-and/281b28c1-f933-4df1-8bdb-13029c17c96c
  4. Windows 11 Flyouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Flyouts: Hello, i recently installed windows 11 on an unsupported pc, it works very well but i cannot get the modern ui flyouts, they are still the same as windows 10's. If I could get some help....
  5. Windows 11 Flyouts

Windows 11 Flyouts: Hello, i recently installed windows 11 on an unsupported pc, it works very well but i cannot get the modern ui flyouts, they are still the same as windows 10's. If I could get some help....
  6. How to reenable flyout for open windows?

How to reenable flyout for open windows?: So I installed Razer Cortex a few days ago, and I uninstalled it just now because for some reason, when I hover my mouse over any open apps, there won't be a flyout animation, it's just static. This applies for open windows also. How do I reenable these flyouts or something?...
  7. How to reenable flyout for open windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reenable flyout for open windows?: So I installed Razer Cortex a few days ago, and I uninstalled it just now because for some reason, when I hover my mouse over any open apps, there won't be a flyout animation, it's just static. This applies for open windows also. How do I reenable these flyouts or something?...
  8. How to reenable audio console display?

How to reenable audio console display?: Recently I had to reinstall Windows. previously whenever I changed my audio level it would display the little interface shown belowHowever now whenever I change my audio level, it does not show anymore and this only shows when pressing the play/pause button, is there a...
  9. Disabled administratir account. How to reenable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled administratir account. How to reenable?: I accidently disabled admin accout (I know its password). It does not show up in login screen. Now I can't run programs as admin anymore. When I select run as admin the only option I can select is "No", there is no "Yes". When trying to enable in "Computer management" it says...
  10. Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file'

in Windows 10 Support
    Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file': How do I reenable back the 'Always ask before opening this file' security popup for a .js script file? It is normally executed by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. While it is annoying for everytime I double-clicked it instead of right-clicking it to edit the code,...