Windows 10: how to reformat emmc

Discus and support how to reformat emmc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a big problem that I need your help in solving... About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Oct 28, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

how to reformat emmc

I have a big problem that I need your help in solving...
    About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows 8.1 and android 4.4 installed and since it has arrived i have got blue screen errors. i have had many support emails with gearbest and the most i could get out of them was a $28 refund from a $95 PC. At the time I took it as the errors seem to of disappeared. Recently the errors have come back and it seems to be worse as in freezing while in the middle of something, I reported this again and said that I know want the full refund as the situation has made the PC become unusable and they refused. I decided to open a dispute with PayPal in hopes they can get my money back (PayPal has always been great to me in refunding me in the past).
    I then wanted to take the matter in my own hands and try to get into the BIOS and reformat, maybe this will help or maybe it won't. I have a Windows 10 installation on a USB drive that I stuck in the PC and got BIOS to boot from it and it just ignored this and went straight to windows 8 startup. I went back in the BIOS and looked at the settings for the EMMC and disabled it and restarted but it went straight into BIOS without looking at the USB so I re-enabled EMMC and it does the same thing booting straight into BIOS. It looks like the EMMC is wiped so I need to install a copy of Windows on it but how?
    Any suggestions guys and congratulations if you managed to follow this *Wink

:)

jamos316, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Afthonia Win User

Dropped N900 and now get 'operation temporarily disabled due to low memory' message

You are right, I had to put in a microSD card in order to spool the dmesg output to it for sending to you.

It is a shame that just dropping the device would break the internal storage like this. Is there really no other option to restore the emmc like reformatting or the like?

Afthonia, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Mick_H1 Win User
    Have I Bricked my N900?

Hi Kevin.

Firstly, don't panic. It's almost impossible to brick the N900, unless you physically damage it in some way.

Secondly, the N900, as you've found out, hates being flashed to an older firmware.

Thirdly, flashing the EMMC isn't strictly needed. The EMMC flash was only needed on N900s that were handed out to developers at the launch party. So unless you've got one of these early devices and depending how much you've hacked it, the EMMC isn't all
    that inportant where flashing is confirmed.

Try re-flashing to the global 20.2010.36-2 without the EMMC flash and see how you get on.

Mick_H1, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

how to reformat emmc

1. how to reformat emmc - Similar Threads - reformat emmc

2. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL after full drive reformat and clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL after full drive reformat and clean Windows 10 install: My HP Spectre (13-V021NR) laptop started cashing a few days ago. It stated with one blue screen error that was, I believe, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. That was "day 1." Fast forward to yesterday, perhaps 3-5 days later, when I started having what I'll call a cascading series...
  3. Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?: I upgraded to Windows10 from WIndows7 sometime ago and have just kept cloning my hard drive whenever I needed a drive upgrade. I've ended up with a 2T NTFS drive with Windows10 that has a messed up boot record and also won't update the OS. I'm thinking I need to (or should)...
  4. Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat.: Windows 10 pro. Haydes canyon nuc.. I want to completely reformat everything as i am giving it to my brother... I wish to totally reformat to fresh.. but i need to have windows installed after with all drivers etc.. Windows came on a complementary package from intel via...
  5. Laptop Slow After System Reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slow After System Reformat: So i bought this gaming laptop about 6 months ago, and it has run perfectly until a couple days ago i let one of my siblings use it and they got it infected with a whole hoard of viruses. And so I ended up reformatting my computer to remove them because they were...
  6. Windows 10 reformatting SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 reformatting SD card: I plug my SD card into the reader on my windows 10 PC and then when I try to access the files on it, it will occasionally and inexplicably change the file structure such that the drive becomes unusable. Trying to open the drive in windows explorer leads to windows asking to...
  7. Power Losd during laptop reset/reformat

Power Losd during laptop reset/reformat: Hi, im using asus eee pc laptop. im trying to reset my laptop when in mid way it got interrupted due to power loss. i managed to finish the resetting at 100%, then in the next process i do not know what that was. i accidentally pulled the adapter. this screen keeps on...
  8. 2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.: I have an external Hard Drive 500GB, it was formatted into 2 partitions. I have done backup of the contents, then I thought I need to format it to a one hard disk. I did delete the 2 partitions in "computer management". Later this hard drive did not show on "This PC" and can...
  9. I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset)

I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset): I have recently tried reformating my pc as some games have started to not work, ive tried re-installing them and it hasnt worked. while reformating it got stuck at 33% of the way, for about 2 and a half hours. So i looked up how to get off 33% and the issues that come with...
  10. Reformatting Laptop

Reformatting Laptop: I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if windows 10 is the...