Windows 10: how to reformat emmc

Discus and support how to reformat emmc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a big problem that I need your help in solving... About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Oct 28, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

how to reformat emmc

I have a big problem that I need your help in solving...
    About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows 8.1 and android 4.4 installed and since it has arrived i have got blue screen errors. i have had many support emails with gearbest and the most i could get out of them was a $28 refund from a $95 PC. At the time I took it as the errors seem to of disappeared. Recently the errors have come back and it seems to be worse as in freezing while in the middle of something, I reported this again and said that I know want the full refund as the situation has made the PC become unusable and they refused. I decided to open a dispute with PayPal in hopes they can get my money back (PayPal has always been great to me in refunding me in the past).
    I then wanted to take the matter in my own hands and try to get into the BIOS and reformat, maybe this will help or maybe it won't. I have a Windows 10 installation on a USB drive that I stuck in the PC and got BIOS to boot from it and it just ignored this and went straight to windows 8 startup. I went back in the BIOS and looked at the settings for the EMMC and disabled it and restarted but it went straight into BIOS without looking at the USB so I re-enabled EMMC and it does the same thing booting straight into BIOS. It looks like the EMMC is wiped so I need to install a copy of Windows on it but how?
    Any suggestions guys and congratulations if you managed to follow this *Wink

:)

jamos316, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Afthonia Win User

Dropped N900 and now get 'operation temporarily disabled due to low memory' message

You are right, I had to put in a microSD card in order to spool the dmesg output to it for sending to you.

It is a shame that just dropping the device would break the internal storage like this. Is there really no other option to restore the emmc like reformatting or the like?

Afthonia, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Mick_H1 Win User
    Have I Bricked my N900?

Hi Kevin.

Firstly, don't panic. It's almost impossible to brick the N900, unless you physically damage it in some way.

Secondly, the N900, as you've found out, hates being flashed to an older firmware.

Thirdly, flashing the EMMC isn't strictly needed. The EMMC flash was only needed on N900s that were handed out to developers at the launch party. So unless you've got one of these early devices and depending how much you've hacked it, the EMMC isn't all
    that inportant where flashing is confirmed.

Try re-flashing to the global 20.2010.36-2 without the EMMC flash and see how you get on.

Mick_H1, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

how to reformat emmc

1. how to reformat emmc - Similar Threads - reformat emmc

2. Reformatting concern

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reformatting concern: Hi, I have my microsoft account linked to each other between my desktop PC and laptop. I want to reformat my laptop as it has become slow. My question is that if I have those two devices linked to each other and I want to reformat my laptop, would it also reformat my...
  3. Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?: Currently I can't even open the Settings menu and Onedrive backup doesn't sync properly, so I decided to just reinstall everything. My product key will still be valid for the new install too?...
  4. Trying to reformat MBR to GPT on new m.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to reformat MBR to GPT on new m.2: Hi, i recently bought a m.2 so i could transfer or reinstall my OS onto it. I formatted it with no issues and tried C:\WINDOWS\system32> mbr2gpt /validate /disk:0 /allowfullos MBR2GPT: Attempting to validate disk 0 MBR2GPT: Retrieving layout of disk MBR2GPT: Validating...
  5. W10 Reformat/Install on New SSD Help Requested

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Reformat/Install on New SSD Help Requested: Hi guys. I got my Stimulus money yesterday in my Bank Account, and placed order for 2 2TB Samsung Evo Plus 970 SSD's. They should both arrive this Wednesday. Here is my situation: I have an MSI GT75 Laptop, that has 3 SSD slots. Currently, the slots have 2 1TB Samsung Evo...
  6. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

Reformat Surface Book to factory settings: Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera. My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or...
  7. Why does my windows search function not find hardly anything after a reformat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my windows search function not find hardly anything after a reformat?: I've reinstalled all of my old stuff, but it's almost as if the drive hasn't indexed anything. For example, I downloaded Sea of Thieves from the windows Store, and this program is literally in my start menu. But, for whatever reason, windows search can't find it.. I...
  8. I just reformatted my C: drive and reinstalled Windows 10... "It looks like the hardware on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I just reformatted my C: drive and reinstalled Windows 10... "It looks like the hardware on...: I just removed some additional hard drive and left my main C: drive on for reformat/reinstall. When I went to reactivate windows, it gave me the error message "It looks like the hardware on this device has changed. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again...
  9. Bluescreen system service exception - Persists even after full reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen system service exception - Persists even after full reformat: Hi, due to the bluescreen my windows eventually got corrupted and had to do a windows reformat. I also bluescreened once during the reformat installation process which gave me an unhealthy dose of migraine, but I eventually got a clean reformat. Since the reformat I've...
  10. Issues with laptop startup after reformatting

Issues with laptop startup after reformatting: I was having issues that led me to making the call to reformat. I went though the standard procedure and reformatted. After the 4 or 5 hours it took to reformat, it was finally done and set my computer started to turn on. however, it is on a loop in the dell startup...