Windows 10: How to reformat my internal storage drive?

Discus and support How to reformat my internal storage drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tspnyc, Jan 14, 2019.

1. tspnyc Win User

How to reformat my internal storage drive?

I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions.

BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made the PC had named that C: and the SSD was named DHow to reformat my internal storage drive? :)

Doh!

I would like to reformat that 1 TB storage drive to remove that other Windows installation and return it to an empty drive that I can use for storage. And delete the entire contents to free it up for future storage.

What is the proper way to do this?

Also, if someone knows, will it effect the performance of programs like video editing, multitrack audio recording, if I run the program from the SSD but write directly to the storage drive? Or should I be writing to the SSD drive and moving things to the storage drive as needed?

Thanks.

:)

tspnyc, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jan 14, 2019
  4. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

Internal Drive+Enclosure or External Drive

Hi, I'm not very familiar with storage solutions so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm looking to buy a 1TB+ drive for backup. External drives seem like more elegant solutions but when I looked on Newegg many reviews seem to suggest that they are not long lived (e.g. break within weeks/months). Is this true? If so, are internal drives + enclosures better? Or do any of you have better solutions that I don't know about (like I said I'm not that familiar with the storage department). Thanks.

runevirage, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

How to reformat my internal storage drive?

1. How to reformat my internal storage drive? - Similar Threads - reformat internal storage

2. Reformat your external storage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reformat your external storage: I have had Sea of Thieves for around 3 years. A few months ago i got an extension hard drive and moved other games onto it but i kept Sea of Thieves on the C drive. Last night i tried to update Sea of Thieves, but after it completed i could not open the game, and got a...
  3. Reformat your external storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat your external storage: I have had Sea of Thieves for around 3 years. A few months ago i got an extension hard drive and moved other games onto it but i kept Sea of Thieves on the C drive. Last night i tried to update Sea of Thieves, but after it completed i could not open the game, and got a...
  4. Reformat your external storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  6. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  7. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. reformatting my hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reformatting my hard drive: Previous old answers to this question did not answer how to format and wipe a hard drive in order to completely reload a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-my-hard-drive/92a215f1-7444-4a89-bca4-e11b8146e1b8
  9. Internal Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Storage: Hello, I recently purchased a 1TB internal storage laptop for my nephews and I wanted to know why the storage has been divided to two? 500GB to each one of us. Can I give more storage for him since he will be the one who will be using this more than me for his school. Or is...
  10. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reformat my storage

2. reformat your external storage app error