Windows 10: How to reformat Win7 laptop and install Win10?

Discus and support How to reformat Win7 laptop and install Win10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help with reformatting an old, but still capable Win7 laptop and install Win10 after that. I will buy Win10 for this purpose. Thanks. 145736 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dual Trace, Dec 5, 2019.

1. How to reformat Win7 laptop and install Win10?

Please help with reformatting an old, but still capable Win7 laptop and install Win10 after that. I will buy Win10 for this purpose.
    Thanks.

:)

Dual Trace, Dec 5, 2019
  2. jaypels Win User

Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

Is there a way to know what my license number is? Laptop is not with me at the moment so I could not check it. I believe it still has the sticker where the license is printed at. Does it retain the old license or a new one is made when I upgraded to Win10?

Second question, what would be the best step in reformatting the laptop? Is there an option in Win10 where it would reformat and come back immediately to Win10?

jaypels, Dec 5, 2019
  3. jaypels Win User
    Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

Good day!

I have a laptop that started with Windows 8. Then I upgraded to 8.1 then to 10 after the update was offered. However, I hate the bloatware included with the laptop for it takes quite some time for the laptop to be fully functional (normal Asus bloatware + VPN + Spyder calibration software).

I could buy an SSD to make it boot faster but budget does not permit me at the moment. I was thinking I would reformat my laptop to remove the bloatware but the thought of losing my license made me think twice.

What would be the best step to reformat my laptop while maintaining the license? Downgrade to 8 then upgrade to 10 or is there a process to install Win10 immediately?

jaypels, Dec 5, 2019
  4. How to reformat Win7 laptop and install Win10?

reformatted my laptop.. win10 was not installed

hi, I just reformatted my laptop.. win10 was not installed.... this laptop did have the free upgrade from win8 to win 10. How do I receive the upgrade?

JohnTognacci, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

How to reformat Win7 laptop and install Win10?

1. How to reformat Win7 laptop and install Win10? - Similar Threads - reformat Win7 laptop

2. Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D: Hello,I am trying to update a Win7 device to Win10 using the media creation tool from this link: microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, and am having one problem after another. When I first tried, I was able to open/run the media creation tool, and everything seemed...
  3. Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 installation error: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D: Hello,I am trying to update a Win7 device to Win10 using the media creation tool from this link: microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, and am having one problem after another. When I first tried, I was able to open/run the media creation tool, and everything seemed...
  4. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  5. Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Comparing Win10 installation to Win7?: Getting ready to clean install Win10 Pro 64-bit on a newly built desktop PC (with external USB DVD) using the downloaded ISO for the newest build. (I also have a purchased install disk and license, but not sure which build it is.) I've installed Win7 numerous times (on other...
  6. Confused between installing win7 or win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused between installing win7 or win10: So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is...
  7. Reformatting Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting Laptop: I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if windows 10 is the...
  8. How install win7

in Windows 10 Customization
    How install win7: How to change bios on an HP ProDesk 400 desktop computer The computer supports Win 10 operating system so we can install Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-install-win7/c100b2fa-0cdd-4e6a-befd-013359b1dd7a
  9. Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual install - WIN10 and WIN7: I did a dual install with win10 and win7 - after installation of win10 went and ran win7 and nearly all my executable icons had a security shield on them. I wanted to keep my win7 install with all my stuff on - just me. *Wink Why did win10 do this and how do I remove them?...
  10. Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat upgraded win10 laptop: Good day! I have a laptop that started with Windows 8. Then I upgraded to 8.1 then to 10 after the update was offered. However, I hate the bloatware included with the laptop for it takes quite some time for the laptop to be fully functional (normal Asus bloatware + VPN +...