Windows 10: how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed programs

Discus and support how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed Programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarylnPettit, Oct 25, 2019.

1. how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed programs

how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed Programs

:)

MarylnPettit, Oct 25, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 25, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 25, 2019
  4. how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed programs

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed programs

1. how to refresh PC with Windows 10 without losing installed programs - Similar Threads - refresh without losing

2. Reset PC without losing Windows Updates Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset PC without losing Windows Updates Windows 10: I would like to know how to best transfer a computer to a new owner securely without resetting to factory condition. After resetting, the update process for an old computer can take a LONG time due to all the updates required (lost due to resetting to factory). In other...
  3. help getting window 10 and installing it without losing my programs ........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help getting window 10 and installing it without losing my programs ........: I have windows 7 64 bit. I know, it is no longer going to be supported after January 2020, which will come fast enough. I almost shutter at asking this question online, here, given the chances of the scammers but I really am getting frantic even this early. I need to get...
  4. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  5. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  6. Change account without losing settings and programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account without losing settings and programs: I bought a new laptop. My ‘old’ one, I will give to my sister. We just want to change the login (her name, email, password), but keep all the programs and settings already installed on the current account. How can we keep everything and just change the user? Thank you in...
  7. how to downgrade windows 10 version by clean install without losing license

how to downgrade windows 10 version by clean install without losing license: hi my tablet dosnt work currently after october update of windows 10 and i want do clean install an older version without losing license so how can i do this?...
  8. how to install in windows a program without disc

how to install in windows a program without disc: how do I install a program without a disc in windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-in-windows-a-program-without-disc/d34d59e6-c4be-4c11-8d73-43a9a224f5f1
  9. How to re-install W10 without losing activation key

How to re-install W10 without losing activation key: After a spectacular crash on my Acer Aspire laptop, I spent several hours on MS Chat who were as helpful as possible. However, the conclusion was that a re-installation was necessary. I downloaded the .iso advised by MS and formatted a USB device ready to boot. However, I...
  10. How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

How to factory reset without losing windows 10?: I have factory reset once before with windows 10 and it let me keep windows 10 when I did it. But now I want to do it again but it is showing me a notice that if i reset, I will go back to windows 7. Is there a way I can factory reset my pc while still keeping windows 10?...