Windows 10: How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME

Discus and support How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I blocked a standard user out of Control panel, settings and regedit. I still need to be able to get access to those items as admin. How do I regain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by N.Borsell, Mar 28, 2023.

1. N.Borsell Win User

How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME

I blocked a standard user out of Control panel, settings and regedit. I still need to be able to get access to those items as admin. How do I regain access to make changes on standard user's account if I cant access regedit from their account? This is something i will need to do repeatedly over time. Win 11 HOME version. Thank you.

:)

N.Borsell, Mar 28, 2023

2. Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Mar 28, 2023
  3. How can regain my admin access

I was using a windows 10 pc and after my upgrade to windows 11 I decided to reset my pc to keep thing clean

then I started making some new settings but in that process, I have somehow logged out myself from Admin, now I don't access to run a program as admin or do anything regarding admin rights

" How can regain my admin access "

Thanks

AderinsolaJoshua, Mar 28, 2023
  4. AdamDanz Win User

How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME

How to regain admin account after switching my user account to a standard acct

I am the sole owner of my laptop and I switched my user account to a standard user account using the instructions in the link below. The account is set up to log in with a fingerprint (Lenovo ThinkBook). The problem is, now I cannot gain admin
    privileges since the only option it gives me is a fingerprint scan and the fingerprint is associated with my new standard user account
    . How do I regain admin control? I've searched for a solution but everything requires being able to log in as an
    admin.

How to make Windows 10 more secure by using a standard user account

Section: "Check account type"

AdamDanz, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

1. How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME - Similar Threads - regain Access regedit

2. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  3. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  4. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME

How to regain Access to regedit as admin for a standard user who was blocked Win 11 HOME: I blocked a standard user out of Control panel, settings and regedit. I still need to be able to get access to those items as admin. How do I regain access to make changes on standard user's account if I cant access regedit from their account? This is something i will need to...
  6. How can regain my admin access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can regain my admin access: I was using a windows 10 pc and after my upgrade to windows 11 I decided to reset my pc to keep thing cleanthen I started making some new settings but in that process, I have somehow logged out myself from Admin, now I don't access to run a program as admin or do anything...
  7. How can regain my admin access

How can regain my admin access: I was using a windows 10 pc and after my upgrade to windows 11 I decided to reset my pc to keep thing cleanthen I started making some new settings but in that process, I have somehow logged out myself from Admin, now I don't access to run a program as admin or do anything...
  8. How to regain admin account after switching my user account to a standard acct

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to regain admin account after switching my user account to a standard acct: I am the sole owner of my laptop and I switched my user account to a standard user account using the instructions in the link below. The account is set up to log in with a fingerprint Lenovo ThinkBook. The problem is, now I cannot gain admin privileges since the only option...
  9. How to regain admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to regain admin rights: Hi i recently bought a pc. In two days of kids doing homework its gone wrong. It wont let me delete or install anything even updates. I cant even login properly it just puts on a temp cant do anything account. How do i fix this ?...
  10. Standard user able to access Admin folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Standard user able to access Admin folders?: Hello, Not sure if this is by default, but I've noticed it on 3 different computers. 2 running Windows 10 Home, 1 running Windows 10 Pro. When logged on as standard user, I'm able to access the folders of an Administrator. I may get prompted for password the first time,...