Windows 10: How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Discus and support How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leprechaun J, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:23 PM.

1. How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Hello Everyone,

I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from my old 256GB M.2 SSD to this new one. All went good and my system and Bios sees the New Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD and it boots to it and runs just Great.

However.. my new Drive is only using the first 250GB like the old drive was. My new drive has 227.30GB of Unallocated space on it.

How can I us all of the New drive??... Is there a Free utility or Paid that will allow me to move the unused "unallocated" portion so I can Us my whole 500GB drive??... I tried both EaseUS and Macrium Free ware with no Luck.

I'm running the newest drivers and Windows 10 1809

Thank-You for your Help in Advance.

:)

Leprechaun J, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:23 PM
  2. Brink Win User
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Les Tokar, over at TheSSDReview.com does a great job of keeping up with new developments in this space. Not surprisingly, he's got reviews of the new Samsung devices up and ready for perusal. I know what I'm buying for my next build, for sure!

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD Review (500GB/1TB) Evo Becomes a Top Tier SSD | The SSD Review
    Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD Review (1TB) The Cost of Being The Worlds Best | The SSD Review

Check 'em out: he's got all the "speeds and feeds" for read/write/IOPs and so forth.

--Ed--

4. Brink Win User

How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...70-pro-and-evo

See also:

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P512BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E250BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E2T0BW | Samsung US

Thema:

How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

1. How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive? - Similar Threads - regain unallocated space

2. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  3. Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670: I need drivers for a Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB drive. The machine the drivers will install on does not have an internet connection for security reasons. Please advise how I can download the driver(s) on another machine and transfer them to the target Win 10 machine....
  4. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  5. Samsung Evo 970 BSoD

Samsung Evo 970 BSoD: I have recently purchased a Samsung Evo 970. I decided to put a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the windows update centre to install the newest updates. When it got around to downloading the Windows April 2018 update that is...
  6. How to utilize unallocated space on a thumb drive

How to utilize unallocated space on a thumb drive: Hi, I dont know why this happened, but my USB drive (64 GB Transcend) ended up with half its storage capacity being unallocated. I have tried Windows Disk Manager to have it allocated again in order to partition it, but to no avail. When I right-click, all the options are...
  7. Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe not recognised after installing windows

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe not recognised after installing windows: Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem with Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe. I would appreciate your help as my knowledge in hardware and software is minimal. So thank you in advance. I have just finished installing windows 10 in a new pc while using old HDD drives...
  8. Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...: My new system is based on the Asus Prime Z370-A MB, that has two PCIe (x4), M.2_1 and M.2_2. Both of the sockets are populated with Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 cards. Windows 10 setup had selected the M.2_1 drive and installed without any issues. Windows 10 is up to...
  9. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs: Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order. Here are the prices for us here: [img]
  10. Can't Boot from Samsung 960 EVO M.2 Drive, Sort Of

Can't Boot from Samsung 960 EVO M.2 Drive, Sort Of: installed W10 on the above drive. When I try to boot from it, it doesn't work. It says insert boot media. I had already installed W10 on the drive. And I can see the drive in BIOS and windows explorer when booting from another drive. Oddly, when I boot from an SSD drive...