Windows 10: How to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10

Discus and support How to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello Guys I am in trouble with my Windows 10 PC. Below is my problem description: My ASUS Laptop Model Number: UX303U Notebook PC When I bought it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by winleon, Apr 17, 2017.

1. winleon Win User

How to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10

Hello Guys
    I am in trouble with my Windows 10 PC. Below is my problem description:
    My ASUS Laptop Model Number: UX303U Notebook PC
    When I bought it from the shop, they gave me the backup of windows 10 in a pen drive. A few days back I reinstall windows 10 by booting the pc from pen drive. But before that, I Disable “secure boot menu option ” and Enable “ Launch CSM” . Then I follow the installation instruction as usual.

Now after the installation finished I found that there is only one drive ( C drive ) in the PC !! All my D drive data and desktop files are gone!!

Total headbang situation....*cry*cry

Is there any way I can get back my D drive data and desktop data?

Any expert here?

:)

winleon, Apr 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 install disabled RAID

I simply want to regain access to the raid, so I can get access to the Data on the raid to copy it, after copying the data I would then reformat those drives to be used as additional storage beyond what my " C " drive can handle. The D drive which physically
    consists of ( 2 ) 500 gig hd's shows up in the bios, but is not recognized by windows 10 after it did an update. other then this snafu I have no faults with the upgrade to Win10 as of now

RandyShepherd83854, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Recover deleted data

Hello!!

I installed my acer Laptop window 7 to window 10.

My Laptop had 2 Disk drive Local Disk (CHow to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 :) and Local Disk (DHow to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 :).

I deleted all data my Local Disk (CHow to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 :) during installation.

After finished that my window 7 was Updated to window 10.

But in window 10 my Local Disk (DHow to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 :) and data form Local Disk (DHow to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 :) was lost.

I think the data was deleted.

I had very important data on my Local Disk (DHow to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 :).

So, How can I get back or recover that data.

Please, Help me!!!!!

Santosh Gautham, Apr 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I imagine you've done a clean installation of Win 10. That will give you exactly what MS supplies, so all your personal data will have been wiped. Now assuming your D: was a second partition and you only have one drive, I can only think you have formatted the whole drive or deleted all partitions as part of the installation process.

Note that it's perfectly possible to keep a D: partition and clean install to a C: partition if you choose to do so.

Just to check, please post a screenshot of Disk Management (Windows key + X, Disk Management).

Backups are essential. Hard disks fail. PCs become unbootable. Ransomware can make everything inaccessible.

We strongly and repeatedly recommend disk imaging to an external disk (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) ) - the images serve both as backups and allow you to rescue yourself when things go wrong probably without technical help.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2017
  5. winleon Win User
    Thanks for your reply. Here is the screenshot:

How to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 [​IMG]

winleon, Apr 17, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, that looks like a clean UEFI install - so I imagine you chose to format the drive when installing Win 10.

Note there are other possible actions besides a clean install and using the manufacturer's recovery partition (if any):
    Refresh
    Reset
    An in-place upgrade repair install (which keeps basically everything and reverts Windows to the base build of the installed build).

You can find details of these in the extensive and professional Tutorial section.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2017
  7. winleon Win User
    So I assume that there is no way I can retrieve the lost data? All are gone ?

winleon, Apr 17, 2017
  8. winleon Win User

Dear dalchina

Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me the tutorial link which i can follow ? That will be mighty helpful for me .

Cheers !

winleon, Apr 17, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Barring a professional data recovery company (expensive!!!) - yes. But think of the benefit- you will now start to back up and hopefully use disk imaging.

Which doesn't make the loss any easier.

Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Tutorials

Tutorial section listed alphabetically
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Tutorials

Open that in your browser.
    search for
    in-place -> in-place upgrade repair install
    reset Windows 10 -> reset, refresh

A basic intro to disk imaging with Macrium Reflect:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect - Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials
    (There are videos in the video section, and a huge range of info on Macrium's site).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Regain Desktop and D Drive Data After Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Regain Desktop Drive

2. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Drive D not accessible: This morning I restarted my computer to install the latest batch of windows updates. Some time after the computer restarted a message appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. It disappeared too quickly for me to read all of it, but I did catch the word SATA and...
  3. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Drive D not accessible: This morning I restarted my computer to install the latest batch of windows updates. Some time after the computer restarted a message appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. It disappeared too quickly for me to read all of it, but I did catch the word SATA and...
  4. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  6. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  7. How to regain pre installed Office after Re installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to regain pre installed Office after Re installing Windows?: I purchased my laptop one week ago HP Laptop 15s-du3024TU I was provided pre installed Windows 10 and Office for home and studentI activated that But I had to re install my windows for some reason So, after re install, I Don't get the MS office anymore.I Don't have a product...
  8. Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting: 2 days ago, I was tyring to free up storage on my local disk c but after latest windows update end of april 2021, I think some option was changed. The one option that I used is gone. Long story short, I found an option that I think was the new one, "Manage Storage Spaces", I...
  9. Desktop became DATA D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop became DATA D: Hi, my desktop has merged to my data D drive and I am trying to resolve the issue but I am stuck here. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-became-data-d/6218c5af-4df0-4283-b91a-b434881ca912
  10. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...