Windows 10: How to register a file in W10?

Discus and support How to register a file in W10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recent purchase PC running W10-64bit [1809] but still not yet ready for the 1903 update! However...am seeing Runtime error 713 with a frequently used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skyways1142, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How to register a file in W10?

Recent purchase PC running W10-64bit [1809] but still not yet ready for the 1903 update!

However...am seeing Runtime error 713 with a frequently used programme on other W10 PC
    "MSSTDFMT.dll missing"
    File search on the new PC confirms the file is missing ~~~ copied from the other W10 PC and inserted into the new [sysWOW64] folder but still not running the programme!

I am now informed that I should have "registered" the file in W10...

Absolutely NO idea how to do this ~~~ would appreciate some guidance from you Guys.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ken H.
    York UK.

:)

skyways1142, Oct 6, 2019

2. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Iacopo86 Win User
    Accidentaly Deleted W10 Update Files

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I tried all the suggested steps but still no downloads running for W10.

I think I'll sleep and check again tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Iacopo86, Oct 6, 2019
  4. How to register a file in W10?

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How to register a file in W10?

1. How to register a file in W10? - Similar Threads - register file W10

2. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

in Windows 10 Customization
    using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  3. How do I register .DLL files in a Windows 10 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I register .DLL files in a Windows 10 64-bit?: How do I register .DLL files in a Windows 10 64-bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-register-dll-files-in-a-windows-10-64-bit/27429279-61ff-463b-bb77-3f30be2954ba
  4. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new...
  5. Unable to register 7zip to open zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to register 7zip to open zip files: Windows 10 Pro 1803 will not register the 7zip app to open .zip files. When it displays the app selection, 7zip is not even listed. It directs me to select the program from C:\Program Files which works but does not retain the selection permanently. sfc /scannow and chkdsk...
  6. Microsoft Files registers as malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Files registers as malware: I have anti-virus and anti-malware program (avast and malwarebytes). Whenever I scan malwarebytes, these 4 files always registers as malware/riskware. Is it really? Just have to make sure before I quarantine it. [ATTACH]...
  7. register

in Windows 10 Customization
    register: In a attempt to remove VPN Register, I deleted some Register items and now my pc won’t start. I’ve tried hard turn off the pc two times and then restart the pc and have it automatically do the repair, but it always ended in a barely lit screen. Anyone have any suggestions?...
  8. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  9. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329