Windows 10: How to register a file in W10?

Discus and support How to register a file in W10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recent purchase PC running W10-64bit [1809] but still not yet ready for the 1903 update! However...am seeing Runtime error 713 with a frequently used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skyways1142, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How to register a file in W10?

Recent purchase PC running W10-64bit [1809] but still not yet ready for the 1903 update!

However...am seeing Runtime error 713 with a frequently used programme on other W10 PC
    "MSSTDFMT.dll missing"
    File search on the new PC confirms the file is missing ~~~ copied from the other W10 PC and inserted into the new [sysWOW64] folder but still not running the programme!

I am now informed that I should have "registered" the file in W10...

Absolutely NO idea how to do this ~~~ would appreciate some guidance from you Guys.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ken H.
    York UK.

:)

skyways1142, Oct 6, 2019

2. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Iacopo86 Win User
    Accidentaly Deleted W10 Update Files

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I tried all the suggested steps but still no downloads running for W10.

I think I'll sleep and check again tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Iacopo86, Oct 6, 2019
  4. How to register a file in W10?

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How to register a file in W10?

1. How to register a file in W10? - Similar Threads - register file W10

2. How to Register to Community

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Register to Community: How to Register to CommunityI don't see a sign in at top of page ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-register-to-community/0c6c69aa-b8a2-4b8e-91b9-2e9d494cb382
  3. In W10, how to find a fold or file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In W10, how to find a fold or file?: Dear Sir/madam: For the window10 , how to find a folder or a file in the hard-drive? Thanks! --- Zhao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-w10-how-to-find-a-fold-or-file/16a57935-1743-4c9e-b94f-6818d9cda431
  4. In W10, how to find a fold or file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In W10, how to find a fold or file?: Dear Sir/madam: For the window10 , how to find a folder or a file in the hard-drive? Thanks! --- Zhao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-w10-how-to-find-a-fold-or-file/16a57935-1743-4c9e-b94f-6818d9cda431
  5. Registering an OCX file fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registering an OCX file fails: I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent...
  6. Register Legacy ActiveX File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Register Legacy ActiveX File: I am trying to re-install an older legacy program on newer Dell E5550 laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 V1909 Build 18363.900. It was installed and works properly on another older laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 Build 18363.900 However, the program was...
  7. How to recover W10 files as is/was (v10.0.18363)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to recover W10 files as is/was (v10.0.18363): I have three hard drives, namely C, D, and E. Having changed from W7 to W10 not too long ago, l'm still trying to get to grips with W10. It's got its good points thus far, but its backup and restore is totally baffling me. Have got W10 backups going, which seems to save it...
  8. how to register?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to register?: how to register windows 10 for home use in low cost? anyone help me tnpsc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-register/9e6af986-bd70-49f4-87ab-9e324abe75cb"
  9. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new...
  10. Microsoft Files registers as malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Files registers as malware: I have anti-virus and anti-malware program (avast and malwarebytes). Whenever I scan malwarebytes, these 4 files always registers as malware/riskware. Is it really? Just have to make sure before I quarantine it. [ATTACH]...