Windows 10: How to Regulate Apps' Demands for Web Access

Discus and support How to Regulate Apps' Demands for Web Access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 I use Firefox browser and Carbonite for backup. Email client is Thunderbird. ISP is ATT Uverse. Today's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jmrathbun, Jan 31, 2020.

1. jmrathbun Win User

How to Regulate Apps' Demands for Web Access

Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I use Firefox browser and Carbonite for backup. Email client is Thunderbird. ISP is ATT Uverse.

Today's Internet access is Ping 31 ms : DL 13.2 Mbps : UL 0.89 Mbps

There's an ongoing problem with Carbonite hogging bandwidth so that when it's running, browsing and other tasks that require web access become very slow. I can manually turn Carbonite on and off when I want web access, I can set it to reduce Internet use or only back up during certain hours or only back up once a day. None of these options elegantly resolves my problem. I've talked to their support folks and they had nothing to offer.

What I want is a way to prioritize certain apps so that when I need Internet access for my browser or e-mail client or logging onto a game client or downloading a game, they will get priority vs something like Carbonite. Is anybody aware of a setting I'm missing or an app that's tried and true for this purpose?

:)

jmrathbun, Jan 31, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Jatkowski Win User
    Can no longer access apps in web browser

Mays, I did each of the steps in the order you listed and then restarted the computer, I have just tried 1.Clicking on an app (stickypassword) 2.it again opens on top of the web browser page 3.But when I moved the mouse the open app disappears from the web
    browser open page 4.When I minimize the browser the app is on the desktop So nothing changed with this fix. What else can I try

Thank you

bunnie

Jatkowski, Jan 31, 2020
  4. How to Regulate Apps' Demands for Web Access

MSSQL and Web App

So for class I have to make a Database using Microsoft SQL Express 2014. I have made the database and a few tables, populated said tables.

Now I'm looking into what I have to do to make a web app that would look nice for any users wanting to make use of my Database. How does the work I do in MSSQL get added into a web app and what/how do I make a web app that works with MSSQL? I know sql has its own code but how does the web app make the queries?

If someone can point me to some good books or sites to read that would explain / teach that would be great too.

AphexDreamer, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

How to Regulate Apps' Demands for Web Access

1. How to Regulate Apps' Demands for Web Access - Similar Threads - Regulate Apps' Demands

2. web access problewm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web access problewm: I have a gmail acct and a yahoo email acct and I can access both on my ipad and iphone' I can access my gmail account on my computer but not the yahoo email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-access-problewm/77ecacb3-7958-409b-91fe-82fa8d37047b
  3. How is the Networking regulated in Virtual Machines?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How is the Networking regulated in Virtual Machines?: Originally, I thought that all of the network traffic in a guest OS directly goes through the host OS and whatever firewall regulation is on the host OS, will also be applied onto the guest OS. But it turns out that this is completely false. As far as I understand it, the...
  4. Sound not regulating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not regulating: Never had an issue with this before, but my IT department installed something yesterday don't know what and now the sound on my laptop won't regulate properly. I play music videos on YouTube while I work and every time a new video starts, the sound gets super loud. It will...
  5. How to access Office 95 on the web

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to access Office 95 on the web: I am trying to re-create a text I did many years ago with Office 95. How do I access Office 95 on the web. Thank you for your attention. Elizabeth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-office-95-on-the-web/c8f62b54-243c-4c02-9dec-9f37acf3f75a
  6. Access to a web site

Access to a web site: Why can I not access www.Canada.ca. with this computer. I have used it many times. I can reach it with other devices. How do I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-a-web-site/ebfe7691-2881-47c2-9e9f-7b910fa4b115
  7. Can no longer access apps in web browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer access apps in web browser: Windows 10 pro When I click to open app on the taskbar while I am using a webbrowser the app opens in the browser but once I move the cursor from the app icon the open app disappears to the desktop Then I must close or minimize the browser to engage the app, For example, I...
  8. web access

web access: IE wont let me access a website I use regularly. It appears 'windows data execution prevention' is stopping this. How do I resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-access/68278ce5-c28f-4395-9c18-7e0b9a922b2f
  9. Introducing Send Email in Access 2013 web apps

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Send Email in Access 2013 web apps: One of the top feature requests we’ve heard from customers using Access 2013 web apps hosted inside Office 365 is the need to be able to send emails from their apps. We listened and today we’re proud to announce that a new feature called “Send Email” is available to all of...
  10. How future policy and regulations will challenge AI

in Windows 10 News
    How future policy and regulations will challenge AI: I recently wrote about how radical the incorporation of artificial intelligence (AI) to cybersecurity will be. Technological revolutions are however frequently not as rapid as we think. We tend to see specific moments, from Sputnik in 1957 to the iPhone in 2007, and call them...