Windows 10: How to reinstall all apps the most painless way?

Discus and support How to reinstall all apps the most painless way? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I will have to reinstall Win10 since I am changing the MOBO and CPU. However, I have a lot of apps installed. Reinstalling them painfully one after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yuri_Yslin, Apr 12, 2021.

1. How to reinstall all apps the most painless way?

I will have to reinstall Win10 since I am changing the MOBO and CPU.

However, I have a lot of apps installed. Reinstalling them painfully one after another will take me a whole day. Then, installing themes, backgrounds, desktop restoring to a setup I prefer, custom tuning... another 2-3 hours. How to reinstall all apps the most painless way? :(

Is there any way to do it without wasting so much time? some backup that affects apps only maybe, not drivers? Anything?

I am changing the cpu from Ryzen 3600 to intel 10700k so it's likely I won't get away with no reinstall... How to reinstall all apps the most painless way? :(

submitted by /u/Yuri_Yslin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yuri_Yslin, Apr 12, 2021
  2. gasolin Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Is there and easy way of reinstalling windows 10 with having to install most of the apps and adjust settings.

I keep getting DistributedCom 10016 error, bsod when gaming or just my gaming crashing,stopping

gasolin, Apr 12, 2021
  3. gasolin Win User

I have tried so much im not gonna try anything other than reinstall windows, atm i also have apps i only can use thru my browser and not as an app that doesn't open in a browser.

gasolin, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

How to reinstall all apps the most painless way?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

How to reinstall all apps the most painless way?

1. How to reinstall all apps the most painless way? - Similar Threads - reinstall apps painless

2. Search not displaying some Settings and Apps Mostly All

in Cortana
    Search not displaying some Settings and Apps Mostly All: I have had this problem for a while and I have never managed to fix it, I have even tried youtube tutorials and they all never seem to work. I am providing some pictures, it's only popping up to search for it....
  3. Search not displaying some Settings and Apps Mostly All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not displaying some Settings and Apps Mostly All: I have had this problem for a while and I have never managed to fix it, I have even tried youtube tutorials and they all never seem to work. I am providing some pictures, it's only popping up to search for it....
  4. Search not displaying some Settings and Apps Mostly All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to reinstall all program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reinstall all program: i have 2 separate drives , one drive for windows only (this is new drive and this is ssd) and the other for multimedia and programs ( 2 different partition , and this is old drive , hard disk) and then i'm fresh reinstall windows because my windows is in the old drive ( so...
  6. Most painless way to reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most painless way to reinstall win 10: For background visit 1903 installation defective I'm seriously considering reinstalling Win 10 1903 from scratch, given the quirks I've encountered so far. I keep all program info and startups as well as most standard directories in a single large directory called "All"....
  7. Most painless way to reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Most painless way to reinstall win 10: For background visit 1903 installation defective I'm seriously considering reinstalling Win 10 1903 from scratch, given the quirks I've encountered so far. I keep all program info and startups as well as most standard directories in a single large directory called "All"....
  8. Is there a way to reinstall all the uwp apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to reinstall all the uwp apps: I'm not asking for some PowerShell commands, I'm asking to reinstall the entire UWP apps as a windows iso fresh install does I deleted WindowsApps folder, how can I bring it back without files recovery softwares?...
  9. 1809 - Oh my, how quick & painless!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 - Oh my, how quick & painless!!: Geeez, how sweet it is.... complete, start to up & running w/ 1809 in no more than 1 hr 15 mins. Hums along ever so nicely, too. Great to have all 'we' have had in our Insider Builds! It's great for End Users but, from an IT Pro's point of view, compared to "back in the...
  10. how can i reinstall all windows metro apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i reinstall all windows metro apps: Ok so dont ask me how (long story) but i managed to corrupt all my windows modern apps and i cant use or uninstall them, the store showed that there installed and i cant redownload them or launch them. is there some way i can reinstall only all or one by one reinstall all...