Windows 10: How to reinstall an application that the Microsoft store thinks is installed, but isn't...

Discus and support How to reinstall an application that the Microsoft store thinks is installed, but isn't... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't think this problem would apply much to others, as it's pretty niche, and I've been trying for a solution for an hour now. I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nnrs, May 30, 2019.

1. nnrs Win User

How to reinstall an application that the Microsoft store thinks is installed, but isn't...

I don't think this problem would apply much to others, as it's pretty niche, and I've been trying for a solution for an hour now.

I'm trying to download an application called "Game Bar", which is an a windows sponsored app and as far as I can tell, some sort of extension of the Xbox app. It's inside of the Microsoft Store Library, and next to it has the indicator, "Launch", and not "Install", like applications I don't have on my computer, like Twitter. But clicking "Launch" has no response whatsoever. Also, Game Bar isn't in storage, like other apps on my computer are. When I attempt to install it from the store again, it simply says that the product is already installed, doesn't let me install again. If I scroll down it lets me press install again, but after a few seconds it gives me a notification "Xbox gaming overlay installed". This link dead ends though, and sends me back to the store.

I've tried to reset the Xbox app, but it doesn't do anything, and since it's uninstallable, I can't do anything that way.

I don't know how else to approach the problem; I've reset the Microsoft store cache many times, but I don't think that's related to the problem I have anyway. I also fully updated my computer so it's up to date, and my computer meets the requirements for the application.

I assume the problem is some miscommunication between my computer and the store, where it thinks I have an app I don't, but I don't know what to do.

:)

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 30, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to install Sky news application from Microsoft Store?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To install Sky news application on the computer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. Click on the search bar on the top right corner and search for Sky news application.
    3. Click on the Sky news application from the search results.
    4. You will find Install button on the right side of the screen, click on it to install the application.

For additional information, you can refer the article
    Get trusted apps and games from Microsoft Store

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2019
  4. How to reinstall an application that the Microsoft store thinks is installed, but isn't...

Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, May 30, 2019
Thema:

How to reinstall an application that the Microsoft store thinks is installed, but isn't...

1. How to reinstall an application that the Microsoft store thinks is installed, but isn't... - Similar Threads - reinstall application Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Application not installing.: I have tried to install several apps from Microsoft Store and none of them seem to install. The app will fail after some time. I have received several different error codes. I have received this code from trying to install Clipchamp on different attempts. I have tried all the...
  3. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Application not installing.: I have tried to install several apps from Microsoft Store and none of them seem to install. The app will fail after some time. I have received several different error codes. I have received this code from trying to install Clipchamp on different attempts. I have tried all the...
  4. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Store isn't installed.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store isn't installed.: Hi, When I tried to open Microsoft Store, it wouldn't open. The blue overlay on it changed to gray and just stayed like that, with no tasks.Clicking on App settings showed up with 'App's and Features' in settings.Searching Microsoft Store showed up with this: Is there a way...
  6. Microsoft Store isn't installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store isn't installed.: Hi, When I tried to open Microsoft Store, it wouldn't open. The blue overlay on it changed to gray and just stayed like that, with no tasks.Clicking on App settings showed up with 'App's and Features' in settings.Searching Microsoft Store showed up with this: Is there a way...
  7. Microsoft Store isn't installed.

8. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications will not install in Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install apps or games from the Store, I get an error message that has been popping up for the last week or so. Nothing I found on the internet so far has helped with that problem....
  9. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

Applications will not install in Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install apps or games from the Store, I get an error message that has been popping up for the last week or so. Nothing I found on the internet so far has helped with that problem....
  10. microsoft store app isn't installing because no applicable devices.

microsoft store app isn't installing because no applicable devices.: I am trying to install Amazon Prime but it says that I do not have any applicable devices. I am signed in the store and support and my device is recognized by microsoft. What do I do?...