Windows 10: How to reinstall audio drivers?

Discus and support How to reinstall audio drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I updated my laptop to latest build of windows. After that I found "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" message. I reinstalled audio drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by semantsen, Jan 13, 2016.

1. semantsen Win User

How to reinstall audio drivers?

Today I updated my laptop to latest build of windows. After that I found "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" message. I reinstalled audio drivers from Dell (Audio_Driver_PKGMR_WN32_6.0.1.7564_A01) Still no sound. I checked device manager it shows, Other Devices-High Definition Auduio-PCI Device, both have exclamation mark in yellow triangle. (See attachment) I am puzzled what should I do next. Thanks in advance,
    Regards,

:)

semantsen, Jan 13, 2016
  2. DJZAY Win User

HOW TO REINSTALL BEATS/HP AUDIO

How do reinstall the Beats Audio on my Windows 10 HP ENVY15 it was on the computer when I bought it with Windows 10

*Moved from Insider*

DJZAY, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Jmarco0921, Jan 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Go back to Dell website, look for SigmaTel HD audio driver and install it.

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  5. semantsen Win User
    Thanks davidhk for prompt reply. I searched here,
    Dell Search
    but these drivers do not show compatibility for Inspiron 3542, and second thing, shall I have to uninstall the one shown corrupted in device manager?

semantsen, Jan 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Wait.
    Is your Dell 3542 a 64-bit ?

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
  8. How to reinstall audio drivers?

Qasimnaveed, Jun 23, 2018
    1 person likes this.
Thema:

1. How to reinstall audio drivers? - Similar Threads - reinstall audio drivers

2. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  3. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  4. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  6. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  7. Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver

Audio keeps stopping - Troubleshooter reinstalls audio driver: Why does the audio driver on my laptop keep disappearing? Audio stops, I use troubleshooter and the audio driver has to be reinstalled. This has happened at least a half dozen times....
  8. Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers

Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers: Hello, I replaced my GPU a week or two ago from a AMD Radeon RX 460 to Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, and this morning I started my computer, where I received a pop-up box saying my AMD drivers were not detected. I downloaded AMD Cleanup Utility and ran it in Safe Mode and, after...
  9. Reinstall audio driver weekly

Reinstall audio driver weekly: Hi, all. Long time no post - things have been running pretty smoothly 'til now. I installed the Spring Creator's Update on the 14th of May without any issues. In the last two weeks, I have had to troubleshoot sound issues and reinstall my audio driver once a week. This is...
  10. reinstall dolby audio driver

reinstall dolby audio driver: I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Since then I get the message logging in that Windows cannot open dolby audio and to reinstall. Sound is barely audible thugh it was fine with Windows 8.1 found one on Wndows driver download page but, though I got notice it downloaded...