Windows 10: How to reinstall Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service

Discus and support How to reinstall Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are some problems in this service then I use "cmd-sc delete" to uninstall the service, but how to reinstall it again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lotushu, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Lotushu Win User

How to reinstall Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service

There are some problems in this service then I use "cmd-sc delete" to uninstall the service, but how to reinstall it again?

:)

Lotushu, Jul 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 2, 2020
  3. signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. How to reinstall Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to reinstall Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service - Similar Threads - reinstall Microsoft Account

2. microsoft account sign in assistant is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft account sign in assistant is missing: i was trying to sign in in microsoft store then it gived me the error 0x800706d9 then i searched google for 3 days straight no thing worked till i found a video saying that microsoft account sign in assistant maybe be stopped so i went to check i couldnt find it so i want...
  3. microsoft account sign in assistant is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account sign in assistant is missing: i was trying to sign in in microsoft store then it gived me the error 0x800706d9 then i searched google for 3 days straight no thing worked till i found a video saying that microsoft account sign in assistant maybe be stopped so i went to check i couldnt find it so i want...
  4. microsoft account sign in assistant is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant Service corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant Service corrupted: Hello Microsoft communityi have ASUS Notebook D509DA-EJ374T win 10my laptop started blinking desktop icon, and start button did not responded, so i found...
  6. Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant Service corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant Service corrupted: Hello Microsoft communityi have ASUS Notebook D509DA-EJ374T win 10my laptop started blinking desktop icon, and start button did not responded, so i found...
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant Service corrupted

8. Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant: Dear All, I am trying to download Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assist but was unable to do so as it keeps returning the 404 error . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-online-services-sign-in-assistant/f7ee4cce-6d63-49b1-a25a-6983f9028145
  9. Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant

Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant: Dear All, I am trying to download Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assist but was unable to do so as it keeps returning the 404 error . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-online-services-sign-in-assistant/f7ee4cce-6d63-49b1-a25a-6983f9028145
  10. Reinstall Microsoft Account Sign In Assistant

Reinstall Microsoft Account Sign In Assistant: I've just been searching the Apps section of the settings looking for Microsoft Account Sign In Assistant and it isn't there for some reason. Is there a way I can reinstall this item? If not, is there a way you can help me access Xbox Console Companion. Every time I try to...