Windows 10: How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

Discus and support How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently encountered a problem with Notepad. The problem I encountered was that the Notepad app wouldn't open, so I went into the Optional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PlasticWolves11, Aug 17, 2022.

1. How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

Hello, I recently encountered a problem with Notepad. The problem I encountered was that the Notepad app wouldn't open, so I went into the Optional features setting and uninstalled the app. I then proceeded to reinstall the app again, but upon clicking the install button, I got an error stating: Install failed - Error code: 0x800F0955I really need to reinstall the app!Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 OS build 19043.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

:)

PlasticWolves11, Aug 17, 2022

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 17, 2022
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Louie_101 Win User

How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

Notepad won't open in Windows 10

Hi Oliver,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I would suggest you to uninstall Notepad and reinstall it.

To uninstall Nopetad follow the steps below:

Press Win+I to open the Settings.

Go to Apps > Apps & Features.

In the right pane, click on ‘Optional Features’

Type Notepad in the search box and click on Uninstall.

If you have uninstalled the Notepad application and now want it back, you can easily reinstall it in a few simple steps.

Open Settings and go to Apps & Features

In the right pane, click on Optional Features.

Click on Add a Feature

Type Notepad in the search bar or scroll down to find it.

Click on Notepad and Install.

Try to launch Notepad and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Louie.

Louie_101, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

1. How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reinstall Notepad

2. How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem with Notepad. The problem I encountered was that the Notepad app wouldn't open, so I went into the Optional features setting and uninstalled the app. I then proceeded to reinstall the app again, but upon clicking the install button, I...
  3. I cannot reinstall Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reinstall Microsoft Notepad: Please help, i uninstalled it earlier and tried to reinstall but it keeps on failing!How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-reinstall-microsoft-notepad/861865c1-5991-44e8-aaad-e97a4f07e7b3
  4. I cannot reinstall Microsoft Notepad

I cannot reinstall Microsoft Notepad: Please help, i uninstalled it earlier and tried to reinstall but it keeps on failing!How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-reinstall-microsoft-notepad/861865c1-5991-44e8-aaad-e97a4f07e7b3
  5. I cannot reinstall Microsoft Notepad

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. My Microsoft Notepad App is no longer working. It is not reinstalling after I uninstalled...

My Microsoft Notepad App is no longer working. It is not reinstalling after I uninstalled...: My MS notepad isn't working anymore. It stopped suddenly today and after resetting and repairing it didn't work, I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it from the Windows Store. Now that I'm trying though it says that it can't install as the app is already open. I've...
  7. My Microsoft Notepad App is no longer working. It is not reinstalling after I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Notepad App is no longer working. It is not reinstalling after I uninstalled...: My MS notepad isn't working anymore. It stopped suddenly today and after resetting and repairing it didn't work, I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it from the Windows Store. Now that I'm trying though it says that it can't install as the app is already open. I've...
  8. please reinstall notepad starter

in Windows 10 Customization
    please reinstall notepad starter: dear sir.i need help to reinstall notepad. it can't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-reinstall-notepad-starter/e33ed312-8b05-4d2e-939b-4ee143ec51cf
  9. NotepadStarter.exe issue resolved please reinstall notepad starter issue fixed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NotepadStarter.exe issue resolved please reinstall notepad starter issue fixed: For some one like me who has installed notepad along with some unwanted plugins.And I reliazed that I don't need those plugins and uninstalled notepad++. and deleted plugins folderand after one or two days when I opens notepad, It says please reinstall notepad starter.And I...
  10. Can't reinstall notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't reinstall notepad: I wanted to get notepad with new icon so I uninstalled the old one. I went to windows store and now it says that my operating system does not meet minimum requirements. Image submitted by /u/DarkAnalyser [link] [comments]...