Windows 10: How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app?

Discus and support How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, My friend's computer had an app in the Start section that showed him some stocks he has. It wasn't something he installed, but I believe a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Starkman, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Starkman Win User

How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app?

Hey all,

My friend's computer had an app in the Start section that showed him some stocks he has. It wasn't something he installed, but I believe a default Windows 10 app . It's been accidentally uninstalled, and I'm trying to get it back for him, but I don't know what the hek the app was. Anyone have any ideas?

I'd really like to just reinstall that particular app and not all of them (many others are uninstalled as well) if I can help it.

Thanks much,

:)

Starkman, Jun 21, 2016

2. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi what is the extension name for Microsoft Translator? With or without spacing?

In step 3, "this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store". Are you referring all apps downloaded from Store will redownload & reinstall one more time?

Shawn 1616, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Codrut Neagu, Jun 21, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Could it have been this? MSN Money

You can install it from the store.

5. Starkman Win User
    Could very well have been it. Since he doesn't have the Store app (it, too, has been uninstalled), I'm wondering if there's any way within Windows itself to reinstall the MS Money app.

Starkman, Jun 22, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    Sorry to take so long to reply. If you removed the store app there isn't a trivial way to re-install other apps.

Your best bet is to do a repair install (it is quick and easy). This will re-install all default apps including the store.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Then you can remove the apps you don't want but I'd suggest you leave the store in case they change their mind about re-installing some other app.

7. Starkman Win User
    Thanks much!

Starkman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app? - Similar Threads - reinstall default Stock

2. How do I restore this install to stock without reinstalling it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I restore this install to stock without reinstalling it: https://mega.nz/file/1P9glJyA#igh9xyG3dbFnfqOisK-LCGbNTkoXp829NVEHOWJHvjYSo I have a VERY damaged install of windows on a remote server and I was wondering if anyone knows how to restore itI only have access to it while windows is running,so reinstalling won't work,nor will...
  3. How do I restore this install to stock without reinstalling it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore this install to stock without reinstalling it: https://mega.nz/file/1P9glJyA#igh9xyG3dbFnfqOisK-LCGbNTkoXp829NVEHOWJHvjYSo I have a VERY damaged install of windows on a remote server and I was wondering if anyone knows how to restore itI only have access to it while windows is running,so reinstalling won't work,nor will...
  4. How do I restore this install to stock without reinstalling it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows: I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are there like brave, notepad ++ etc.Is there a way to get all of those apps in my computer? Atleast MS Store so I can install the...
  6. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows: I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are there.Is there a way to get all of those apps in my computer? Atleast MS Store so I can install the rest. And will I have to pay...
  7. Stock apps not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stock apps not working?: I ha e a first gen surface laptop. I have not updated anything in the past 3 days, but all of a sudden my stock apps don't work. The camera and calculator say they are updating, but never get responsive. It has been 2 days since this problem started. The microsoft store...
  8. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

Default/Stock Start Menu Apps: Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question. Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is for the apps on all accounts. apps.batapp packages.bat I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I guess with this new...
  9. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?: Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official...