Windows 10: How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro...

Discus and support How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Laptop I have came preinstalled with Win 10 Home 1909 on OEM. I then bought Win10 Professional and Installed on Separate Partition on SSD creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VirtualDesk, Oct 12, 2020.

1. How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro...

The Laptop I have came preinstalled with Win 10 Home 1909 on OEM. I then bought Win10 Professional and Installed on Separate Partition on SSD creating a Dual boot Machine. My question I have today is how to Reinstall or Reset or Cleaninstall My existing Win10 Home OEM Install without disrupting Dual Booted Windows 10 Professional which was installed after Win 10 Home Partition on SSD,

Additional Info - Windows 10 Home Came preinstalled on Laptop and activated on OEM with separate Microsoft accout

Win10 Pro was bought online with Serial Key and Activated through separate Microsoft account with Digital Licence.

This is my Issue. - with both Activated Windows editions Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Home on Dual Booted SSD having all this activation On Dual booted Machine with both Win 10 Home & Win 10 Pro. What is the best possible way on not running into Complete loss of data or currupted SSD or any other issue's leading to Breakdown or unaccesible PC.

Would I have to Remove Windows 10 HOME OEM Activation somehow before proceding on Rienstalling, Resetting or Clean Installing Windows 10 HOME or just not do that??

One of my theory's on how to approuch this Issue is as follows

before I do any of this do I have to move Win10 Pro & Win10 Home Serial key off machine first to not confuse dual boot machine with both OEM Installs on my Dual boot machine, also do I have to mess with TPM and remove or reset??

-Start in Advanced startup, then choose Reset but only Wiping Data on Win 10 Home Partition and to my guess reinstalling win 10 Home without affecting Win 10 Pro Partition on Dual Boot machine?

-or Using Win 10 Iso and Changing UEFI Settings to boot USB with Win10 Home Iso, then at windows installation screen choose Custom Install, delete the Partition which has Win 10 Home 1909, then install fresh copy of windows. Would this be possible to do without either confusing or affecting Win 10 Pro Partition?

-or Should I Just Delete/Format SSD erasing all Partitions, Boot Win 10 Home Through UEFI, so a fresh Install of Windows 10 Home first. after installation when in Win 10 Home Desktop Sighn In with Microsoft accout, activate Win 10 Home, then

:)

VirtualDesk, Oct 12, 2020

2. Fedora dual boot not showing after win10 installation

I had Fedora 31 & win7 on my system. After installing Windows10 pro, Fedora dual boot disappeared & directly win10 loading. How to get back dual boot? Win10 have dual boot?

SudarshanDeshpande2, Oct 12, 2020
  3. How to dual boot win7 and win10

You need to install Win10 on its own partition.

Frederik Long, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Jonas_DK Win User

How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro...

Is there any way to install Win7 after Win10 for dual boot?

Original Title: Dual boot Win7 second too Win10

Hi,

Is there any way to install Win7 after Win10 for dual boot?

I don't want to reinstall in order to do it. If i have to reinstall, my laptop will not see Win10 again.

Regards Jonas

Jonas_DK, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro...

1. How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro... - Similar Threads - Reinstall Reset Fresh

2. Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine: First, I'm coming off of an ASUS ROG Strix GL703V that died after over 4 yrs of near flawless operation. This was a hardware death not a disc crash. In over 35 yrs of owning various laptops, I've never had one die on me, plenty of disc crashes tho. With that said, I was able...
  3. Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine: First, I'm coming off of an ASUS ROG Strix GL703V that died after over 4 yrs of near flawless operation. This was a hardware death not a disc crash. In over 35 yrs of owning various laptops, I've never had one die on me, plenty of disc crashes tho. With that said, I was able...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  5. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  6. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  7. Win10 Pro machine decided to install Home instead...

Win10 Pro machine decided to install Home instead...: My Dell XPS 8920 came with Windows 10 Home installed. After a few months, I purchased a W10 Pro license for the machine, and have clean installed Windows several times in the year since. Today, after installing two additional memory modules, and re-flashing the bios to the...
  8. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....
  9. Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?

Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?: I currently dual boot win7 home premium and win10 pro TP. my question is if I upgrade or clean install over win7 will I be able to keep the win10 installation. Also want to know if I clean install win10, can I use my win7 key so I get the correct version(Home)? Also if I...
  10. Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine

Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine: For some work that I am still doing after retirement I need a dual boot machine consequently my Windows 7 Ultimate lives alongside Ubuntu 12.04 with a shared data partition. Does anyone know if it will be safe to upgrade to Windows 10 without wiping Linux? I am still using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go back to account choicemenu win 10