Windows 10: How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge

Discus and support How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to facotry reset my laptop but i cant go to the internet to download the required tools everytime i open edge it fills the cpu and closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by haydenlizar, Jul 8, 2020.

1. How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge

I am trying to facotry reset my laptop but i cant go to the internet to download the required tools everytime i open edge it fills the cpu and closes and i cant open the setting or press the windows button to open that menu i have also lost the anility to open the honescreen to the password entering part

:)

haydenlizar, Jul 8, 2020

2. How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge

1. How to Reinstall/Reset/ReBoot Windows 10 Without edge - Similar Threads - Reinstall Reset ReBoot

2. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset the sound system without a reboot: The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?...
  3. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset the sound system without a reboot: The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?...
  4. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to reset my computer without reinstalling windows: Hi So my computer has been acting pretty slow and pretty weird but i am scared when i reseat my computer it will add all the installation files again so how can i reset my computer without reinstalling windows...
  6. How to reinstall windows 10 without usb or cd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall windows 10 without usb or cd?: So I bought a prebuilt gaming pc (asus gt15) it came preloaded with windows 10. The pc does not have a DVD drive and it did not come with any USB stick. If I want to reinstall a clean windows version in the future, how do I do this? I got into the bios but don't see anything...
  7. Reinstall WIN 10 without edge update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall WIN 10 without edge update: Windows edge updated my laptop without asking. Original edge worked fine, the update has many issues. As designed, I could not uninstall this problem update. I spent hours trying to remove, without success. I tried reverting to an earlier version without success. I reset...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Edge: Hi, Windows 10 x64 Edge is missing on my machine so I did these: 1- Deleting the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge folder 2- Running the PowerShell as administrator 3- pasting the following command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Edge: Hi, Windows 10 x64 Edge is missing on my machine so I did these: 1- Deleting the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge folder 2- Running the PowerShell as administrator 3- pasting the following command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  10. how to reinstal edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reinstal edge: how to reinstal edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reinstal-edge/be7f26f7-6918-407b-ac12-d4728616d901