Windows 10: How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10

Discus and support How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally uninstall the Start Menu app , how can I reinstall it? I tried to use PowerShell and use the command:Get-appxpackage -all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PGEE630, Nov 21, 2020.

1. PGEE630 Win User

How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10

I accidentally uninstall the Start Menu app , how can I reinstall it? I tried to use PowerShell and use the command:Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”}

But it doesn't work

:)

PGEE630, Nov 21, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Taskbar Start menu

We appreciate your response. For us not to miss out on anything, we would like to know what troubleshooting steps have you performed. For built-in applications like Mail, Calendar, Calculator, you can try reinstalling them so that they can properly register
    with the Start Menu. Here are the steps:

• Open Start.
    • Search for PowerShell, right-click the result, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to reinstall all the built-in Windows 10 apps and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If you are dealing with apps that you installed using the Windows Store, you can reinstall them by following the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Apps.
    • Click on Apps & features.
    • Select the app in question, and click the Uninstall button.
    • Click the Uninstall button again to confirm.
    • Once you've completed the steps, open the Store, search for the app, and click the Install button, and now the app should appear in the Start menu.

For third party applications, you may need to reinstall them manually as well.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10 - Similar Threads - reinstall Start Menu

2. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  6. Windows Apps ,taskbar, start menu crash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps ,taskbar, start menu crash: Hello, I had a problem with system restore so I followed the procedure to rename WindowsApps to another name. System Restore Worked but when I changed the name back to normal, several crashes occur. None of the windows applications opens, when I try to open one, the...
  7. Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working: I have recently built a PC for gaming and it has been working for a month perfectly fine, but about a week ago, I have started to get the error critical_process_died frequently, and a few days ago, the taskbar stop showing apps and the start menu stopped working, it also...
  8. How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post for beginners, we will show you how to resize the Height or Width of the Taskbar and also how to resize or […] This article How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10, then installed classic shell to get the start menu I used to have and that someone else had set up for me. I failed in my attempt to get things set up, but now the Windows start menu has disappeared and I can't even use that. Repeated...
  10. How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview?: There is a post (windows 8 forum -http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...8-taskbar.html ) to install the start menu on the task bar for Windows 8 but it does not fully work on windows 10, does anyone know if there is a similar way to put a fully working start menu on windows...