Windows 10: How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

Discus and support How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a PC with only one HDD and Windows 10 installed on it. I am soon buying a second drive (SSD). Since I will be buying it I will reinstall Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kokonn6, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

I have a PC with only one HDD and Windows 10 installed on it. I am soon buying a second drive (SSD). Since I will be buying it I will reinstall Windows on it. I don't know how to do it. Can you guys help me? P.S. I don't care about the data on my HDD. I can erase it.

submitted by /u/kokonn6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kokonn6, Aug 6, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 6, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

Hi,

Want to Add a Folder from my HDD that has Windows 10. How would I do that? Can't seem to Access from the Library Browse...

rk3066, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

1. How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? - Similar Threads - reinstall HDD SSD

2. How to transfer Windows 10 from a HDD to a SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to transfer Windows 10 from a HDD to a SSD: Looking to transfer windows 10 that is currently on my HDD to my newly installed SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-windows-10-from-a-hdd-to-a-ssd/3aa2d878-2000-4979-a0c4-153fa694b04f
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd: Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd....
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd: Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd....
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD without losing the data from HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD without losing the data from HDD.: Hello, and sorry for my grammar because my first language isn't English. I have all my files and windows 10 on one HDD drive so for speed, I bought one Nvme SSD. I want to install windows on the ssd with some demanding apps and keep the rest of my files and apps on the...
  7. How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD

How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am running Win 10 Pro version 2004 install on my "C" drive 1Tb to my SSD "E" drive 128Gb without loosing my files. I have read so many different articles so I am hesitant to procced safely. Can someone provide me detailed instructions to achieve this? Thanks in...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  9. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the new install but my laptop hdd is a little bit tricky to remove. Is there another way that i don't have to remove the hdd. Can i...
  10. How to migrate windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

How to migrate windows 10 from HDD to SSD?: I installed my OS on my hard drive, but I just got an SSD. I want to migrate my os to the SSD, and aslo I wanted to migrate certain file (my Steam games). Not sure how to migrate the os or the particular files....