Windows 10: How to Reinstall Windows 10 from USB and Keep Files

Discus and support How to Reinstall Windows 10 from USB and Keep Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After failed latest update, can't get pass the black screen. Copied Windows 10 onto USB but during Windows setup 'no device drivers were found...'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ddtadams, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ddtadams Win User

How to Reinstall Windows 10 from USB and Keep Files

After failed latest update, can't get pass the black screen. Copied Windows 10 onto USB but during Windows setup 'no device drivers were found...' Where can the correct version of Windows be located. I see my computer in Microsoft (website) but unable to manage.

:)

ddtadams, Aug 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Reinstall Windows 10 from USB and Keep Files - Similar Threads - Reinstall USB Keep

2. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  3. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  4. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB

Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB: so i just reinstall pc with usb, already clean the drive by deleting partition in installation in setupand after log in , the wallpaper is the same with the previous one before reinstall , then i sync with chrome, and away for few minutes, the desktop background change again...
  6. Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs

Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs: Am interested in performing a reinstall, or "refresh" of Win10 Home x64 20H2 from a bootable USB while preserving my installed programs. As I drown in information, some conflicting, I'd love confirmation that if I make a bootable USB with an .ISO file via the Media Creation...
  7. Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs: Am interested in performing a reinstall, or "refresh" of Win10 Home x64 20H2 from a bootable USB while preserving my installed programs. As I drown in information, some conflicting, I'd love confirmation that if I make a bootable USB with an .ISO file via the Media Creation...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb

Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb: Hi, i have had made progress in trying to get Windows 10 reinstalled on my acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 i tried to reset it but then it got stuck on the acer logo page, and came across this article as it seem the best thing to do the original article came from Dave m i...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB: Hi to all, I’m desperately trying to reinstall Windows from USB on my Surface Laptop 3 but it appears all drivers are deactivated from the very beginning (language to install/time and currency/input screen) That would make sense but even the trackpad is not working. I...
  10. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

Reinstalling Windows from a USB: Well, I'm doing this. I chose not to keep any files and so Windows proceeded to install but gave me no option to format C Dive. After installing, there were a bunch of left over program folders on C Drive plus the Windows.old folder. Have I missed something. I thought a clean...