Windows 10: How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go

Discus and support How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Surface Go a new budget Surface Device from Microsoft ships with Windows 10 Home in S Mode enabled. But users have the authority to sitch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 22, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go

WinClub, Oct 22, 2018

2. SUR40 and windows 10 surface mode

Hi

In Windows 10 if you want to play around with tablet mode

Is often the case there's a manual way to do so

I would like to suggest you to follow the given steps to enable the surface mode/ Tablet mode

•Click or tap the Start button

•Open the Settings application

•Click or tap on "System"

•In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"

•Ensure the toggle is set to either on or off to your preference.

Also refer to the regarding surface mode: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg697127.aspx

Hope this help

Thanks

Mayank Chadha, Oct 22, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Oct 22, 2018
  4. How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go

Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go

1. How to reinstall Windows 10 Home in S Mode on Surface Go - Similar Threads - reinstall Home Mode

2. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  3. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  4. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello everyone! I have an older tablet - Lark Ultimate 7i Win, that was originally shipped with Windows 8. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 a few years back, so currently the tablet is running on Windows 10 Home 32 bit with Online Activated license. Since it is a low-cost...
  5. How to go from windows 10 home to s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to go from windows 10 home to s mode: Hello Microsoft! I have a question about s mode I couldn't find anything that talks about this certain thing. So I recently got a laptop and decided to download chrome, of course i did it through the website*chrome store* i don't know if that is the only way you can do it,...
  6. Windows 10 home in S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home in S mode: If I buy a laptop with windows 10 in s mode will it absolutely be free to get it out of s mode. I want to be able to get apps outside the store. The website says that the laptop can be blocked from getting out of s mode. How common is this? submitted by /u/AlexBr967...
  7. windows 10 home s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home s mode: Why am I not able to get off of s mode? I have followed every instruction that you have and videos that SHOULD help...I have even asked my tech friend...but nothing is working. This is so frustrating!! I need to download apps and I cannot because of Edge...is there a fix?...
  8. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hi, I have about 80 laptops i have purchased and it came with the Windows 10 Home in S mode. I want to switch over to the Windows 10 home. I now know how to do it, however; i cannot do this manually for all the 80 systems. Is there a easy way to do this across all devices?...
  9. Surface Go: how to turn Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go: how to turn Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home or Pro: I bought a Surface Go device recently to check it out and write a thorough review later. I would not have done so if the device would come with a locked Windows 10 S operating system and no option to upgrade. Why? Because Windows 10 S limits you to what is installed by...
  10. Surface Go stuck in S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Go stuck in S mode: Hi everyone, I recently bought a Surface Go on amazon. I tried installing apps but it's stuck in S mode. When I try to activate its giving me an error. I don't get why it's telling me that I Can't connect to the organisation's activation server since the edition is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall s mode on windows 10

2. how to reinstall s mode in windows 10

3. how to reinstall s mode

4. how to reinstall windows 10 s mode,
  5. s mode reinstall,
  6. reinstall s mode on surface go,
  7. can i go back to windows 10 s mode,
  8. reinstall s mode,
  9. re install windowx s mode,
  10. can i reinstall s mode,
  11. reinstall windows 10 s mode,