Windows 10: How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD

Discus and support How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Currently i am using windows 10 with 2 partitions and Bitlocker encryption have enabled for 2 partitions. Now i want to format and reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RockyMondal, Nov 29, 2020.

1. How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD

Hi,

Currently i am using windows 10 with 2 partitions and Bitlocker encryption have enabled for 2 partitions. Now i want to format and reinstall windows10.

Please let me know can i reinstall windows 10 in normal process or required any other steps to do before reinstall.

Also, after format required enable bit locker encryption again for all partitions?

Thanks in advance,

Rocky

:)

RockyMondal, Nov 29, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Encrypted drive then reinstalled Windows and now can't get in!?!?!?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to access the encrypted drive after re-installing Windows, we will look into this for you. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Did you enabled BitLocker on the hard drive before reinstallation of Windows 10?
    • Are you getting any option to enter a BitLocker Recovery key?
    • What is the error message you receive when you try to login to the PC?

However, if you have encrypted the drive using BitLocker password, I would suggest you to enter the key to decrypt the drive, and you can refer the article

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have expertise and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows BitLocker & Windows drive encryption to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

For further information on BitLocker Device encryption and decryption you can refer these articles.

Device encryption in Windows 10

Disable-BitLocker

Overview of BitLocker Device Encryption in Windows

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 29, 2020
  4. How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD

1. How to Reinstall Windows 10 in Bitlocker encrypted HDD - Similar Threads - Reinstall Bitlocker encrypted

2. Unknown Bitlocker encryption on a external seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Bitlocker encryption on a external seagate HDD: To give some background I have been using a acer 300 se laptop as a gaming laptop and also to keep photos. But recently built a PC as a daily driver and was hoping to use a external hdd used on my laptop to transfer everything to me PC. So on the first time turning it on for...
  3. After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...: This problem had occurred 3 years ago, however, I wanted to ask if there is a way to solve this problem. This is the problem: I had a hard drive encrypted with Bitlocker. At some point I had to reinstall my computer, however this made the Bitlocker encryption on the hard...
  4. After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...

After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...: This problem had occurred 3 years ago, however, I wanted to ask if there is a way to solve this problem. This is the problem: I had a hard drive encrypted with Bitlocker. At some point I had to reinstall my computer, however this made the Bitlocker encryption on the hard...
  5. After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. After BitLocker encryption, 10TB HDD unceassible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After BitLocker encryption, 10TB HDD unceassible.: I have a 10TB HDD WD 102KRYZ, that I encrypted with BitLocker. The encryption finished successfully and then after an hour I turned off the computer. When I turned it back, the drive was missing in This PC. I checked and it is not even showing up in BIOS, yet Device Manager,...
  7. After BitLocker encryption, 10TB HDD unceassible.

After BitLocker encryption, 10TB HDD unceassible.: I have a 10TB HDD WD 102KRYZ, that I encrypted with BitLocker. The encryption finished successfully and then after an hour I turned off the computer. When I turned it back, the drive was missing in This PC. I checked and it is not even showing up in BIOS, yet Device Manager,...
  8. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation: Hi!I have a laptop with a 1TB HDD. I updated my OS from windows 10 Home to Pro retail, bound to my Microsoft account. I then encrypted my drive using Bitlocker. My question is, if I replace my device's HDD with an SSD internal drive and use my Windows 10 pro key to install...
  9. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation: Hi!I have a laptop with a 1TB HDD. I updated my OS from windows 10 Home to Pro retail, bound to my Microsoft account. I then encrypted my drive using Bitlocker. My question is, if I replace my device's HDD with an SSD internal drive and use my Windows 10 pro key to install...
  10. Bitlocker encryption and windows reinstallation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security