Windows 10: How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

Discus and support How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC: Dell OptiPlex 5050 Windows Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.631) Hello, I purchased a used PC. It only came with a 500 GB HDD , so I installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AidanStet, Aug 22, 2021.

1. AidanStet Win User

How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

PC: Dell OptiPlex 5050 Windows Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.631) Hello, I purchased a used PC. It only came with a 500 GB HDD , so I installed and initialized a 500 GB Samsung SSD. For security reasons, I would now like to do a complete wipe of the PC and reinstall Windows 10 onto the SSD instead of the HDD. I am unsure exactly how to do this as this is my first time really attempting something like this. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

AidanStet, Aug 22, 2021

2. Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

Hi i made my own pc i have a hdd and a ssd when i installed windows for the first time it got installed on the hdd instead of the ssd and i have no idea of how to reinstall windows on my ssd instead of the hdd my pc is empty only windows on it so i dont
    mind how its done i just need a way that works !!

Prakticaljoke, Aug 22, 2021
  3. SSD failure and Windows 10 reinstall. How to restore apps from HDD.

My Acer desktop computer originally had a 16 GB SSD that held the Windows 10 installation (upgraded from Windows 8). It also has a 2 TB HDD that contains all other applications and files. The original SSD recently failed, preventing me from booting, so I
    replaced the SSD with a SanDisk 128 GB model. I then reinstalled Windows 10 on the new SSD using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. While I was performing the installation, I disconnected the HDD to ensure I didn't accidentally overwrite anything there.

My question now is, how do I get the new installation of Windows (on the new SSD) to recognize the applications I had installed on the HDD? I can use File Explorer to browse the files and applications stored there, but Windows obviously no longer has any
    of the apps registered as being installed. The SSD is now listed as the (CHow to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD :) drive and the HDD is listed as the (DHow to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD :) drive. Before, the HDD was (CHow to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD :) and the SSD was the (XHow to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD :) drive.

Thanks,

Tim

TimLarsen1, Aug 22, 2021
  4. How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

1. How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD - Similar Threads - Reinstall PC's SSD

2. My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.: Hello,Few months ago my reading and writing speed was running fine on big games I was using on Steam. When suddenly loading times and games crashed because of my HDD. I later found out that causing the problems was because of my SSD wasnt doing its job. I checked my folders...
  3. My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.: Hello,Few months ago my reading and writing speed was running fine on big games I was using on Steam. When suddenly loading times and games crashed because of my HDD. I later found out that causing the problems was because of my SSD wasnt doing its job. I checked my folders...
  4. My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?: I have a PC with only one HDD and Windows 10 installed on it. I am soon buying a second drive (SSD). Since I will be buying it I will reinstall Windows on it. I don't know how to do it. Can you guys help me? P.S. I don't care about the data on my HDD. I can erase it....
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  7. Why is it saving to my ssd instead of my hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it saving to my ssd instead of my hdd: Whenever I save something on my pc, it saves to my ssd but I checked off that I want it to save to my hardrive in settings but whenever it saves to somewhere without asking, it saves to my ssd. please help me....
  8. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the new install but my laptop hdd is a little bit tricky to remove. Is there another way that i don't have to remove the hdd. Can i...
  9. Reactiving Windows on SSD instead of HDD

Reactiving Windows on SSD instead of HDD: Hi everyone, I migrated to Windows 10 from 8.1 during Windows Insider Program's first days and kept getting updates from Update section till now. Recently I found my PC not working fast enough and I decided to buy a new SSD hard drive and reinstall my Windows on it. In the...
  10. Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?

Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?: Just downloaded Windows 10 and noticed both my "windows" folder and "old windows" folder are located in my HDD. How can I transfer windows 10 to my SSD? Windows 8 was originally on my SSD, I don't understand why it installed on my HDD. I'm not really a tech wiz but...