Windows 10: How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD?

Discus and support How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had windows 11 Professional installed on my laptop HDD. Now I changed HDD to SSD and reinstall Windows 11 using USB via Media Creation tool. Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DEEPAK KUMAR BISWAL, Jun 20, 2024.

1. How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD?

I had windows 11 Professional installed on my laptop HDD. Now I changed HDD to SSD and reinstall Windows 11 using USB via Media Creation tool. Problem is, the freshly installed Windows says it is the home version not the professional. I had the windows linked to my Microsoft account. I retrieved the product key using cmd earlier. Please help. how can I get the originally installed Windows Pro?

:)

DEEPAK KUMAR BISWAL, Jun 20, 2024
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Jun 20, 2024
  4. How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD?

Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD?

1. How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD? - Similar Threads - reinstall Pro SSD

2. Clean Windows 11 reinstall on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows 11 reinstall on new SSD: I'm wanting to replace the Windows install drive on my PC currently running Windows 11 from an old HDD to a new SSD. When trying to install from the USB boot media I keep running into "Windows can't install on this computer" error message after selecting the version of...
  3. Clean Windows 11 reinstall on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Windows 11 reinstall on new SSD: I'm wanting to replace the Windows install drive on my PC currently running Windows 11 from an old HDD to a new SSD. When trying to install from the USB boot media I keep running into "Windows can't install on this computer" error message after selecting the version of...
  4. Reinstalling Win 11 on new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Win 11 on new SSD?: I got a new SSD and want the computer to boot off it. I selected "Reset this PC" but it installed on the hard disk again. I was not given a choice where to install the OS.Peter...
  5. Reinstalling Win 11 on new SSD?

Reinstalling Win 11 on new SSD?: I got a new SSD and want the computer to boot off it. I selected "Reset this PC" but it installed on the hard disk again. I was not given a choice where to install the OS.Peter...
  6. How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD?

How to reinstall Windows 11 Pro on new SSD?: I had windows 11 Professional installed on my laptop HDD. Now I changed HDD to SSD and reinstall Windows 11 using USB via Media Creation tool. Problem is, the freshly installed Windows says it is the home version not the professional. I had the windows linked to my Microsoft...
  7. How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD: I have an old computer that still runs with an HDD.I recently bought a new SSD and was wondering how do I go about deleting everything from the old HDD and reinstalling Windows on the new drive. I'm using Windows 10 and I have the product key. Should I just “deactivate”...
  8. How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD: I have an old computer that still runs with an HDD.I recently bought a new SSD and was wondering how do I go about deleting everything from the old HDD and reinstalling Windows on the new drive. I'm using Windows 10 and I have the product key. Should I just “deactivate”...
  9. How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Reinstalling Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows on new SSD: My computer: MSI Prestige 15 A10SCI bought a new SSD and added on my computer. That means I have two SSD on my computer, old one and new one. And I want to newly install Windows 10 on my new SSD.What I tried and the results:1. To install with Windows boot USB -> Failed. I got...