Windows 10: How to Reinstall Windows Defender

Discus and support How to Reinstall Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender continually blocked my cryptominer so I removed Defender, but it somehow blocked and removed the miner again and I can't acces it's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielPineda2, Oct 16, 2018.

1. How to Reinstall Windows Defender

Windows Defender continually blocked my cryptominer so I removed Defender, but it somehow blocked and removed the miner again and I can't acces it's configuration because i removed it.

So, is there a way to reinstall it?

Thanks

:)

DanielPineda2, Oct 16, 2018

2. Good alternative to Windows Defender on 8.1

I had to do a format and reinstall on my main rig, and thought I may as well upgrade to 8.1. My only real gripe is my Downloads folder lagging like hell, which I've read is due to Windows Defender. Now I really like MSE/Windows Defender because it's unobtrusive and lets me do what I want to do without pissing me off. Several attempts to try another antivirus program have always resulted in me going back to MSE (either due to viral infection or general annoyance). The lagging, while not an issue per se, is annoying the hell out of me. So I'd like suggestions for a good, free alternative that will be unobtrusive, not try to block everything I want to do (I'm smart enough to know what I'm doing), and not make my PC lag even when running a schedules scan.

Thanks.

Red_Machine, Oct 16, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 16, 2018
  4. How to Reinstall Windows Defender

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

How to Reinstall Windows Defender

1. How to Reinstall Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Reinstall Defender

2. How to reinstall Windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Windows defender?: Hi, everyone! I have problem with WD. It works, but doesn't open application at all. I tried to fix it via powershell guiding advices from Microsoft community but it doesnt help....
  3. How to reinstall Windows defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall Windows defender?: Hi, everyone! I have problem with WD. It works, but doesn't open application at all. I tried to fix it via powershell guiding advices from Microsoft community but it doesnt help....
  4. how to reinstall windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall windows defender?: i don't find windows defender in my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-defender/b3aa1fd4-a1f8-4b21-a98d-c2d84f0ef22d
  5. how to reinstall windows defender?

how to reinstall windows defender?: i don't find windows defender in my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-defender/b3aa1fd4-a1f8-4b21-a98d-c2d84f0ef22d
  6. how to reinstall windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows defender is missing from registry and services. How do I reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing from registry and services. How do I reinstall it?: My windows defender is somehow missing from services and registry. When I try open windows security, I am stuck on a blank screen. How do I reinstall or get windows defender working again?...
  8. Windows defender is missing from registry and services. How do I reinstall it?

Windows defender is missing from registry and services. How do I reinstall it?: My windows defender is somehow missing from services and registry. When I try open windows security, I am stuck on a blank screen. How do I reinstall or get windows defender working again?...
  9. MISSING WINDOWS DEFENDER! UNABLE TO REINSTALL, RESET OR UPDATE!! PLEASE HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING WINDOWS DEFENDER! UNABLE TO REINSTALL, RESET OR UPDATE!! PLEASE HELP!!!: Hi guys! Please I need help with my Windows Defender. I can't find it on my Windows 10 Pro anymore, it has vanished completely! I've tried EVERY possible means to reinstall it but it just wouldn't. I need your help guys. Thanks a lot. PS: The Security providers are all...
  10. MISSING WINDOWS DEFENDER! UNABLE TO REINSTALL, RESET OR UPDATE!! PLEASE HELP!!!

MISSING WINDOWS DEFENDER! UNABLE TO REINSTALL, RESET OR UPDATE!! PLEASE HELP!!!: Hi guys! Please I need help with my Windows Defender. I can't find it on my Windows 10 Pro anymore, it has vanished completely! I've tried EVERY possible means to reinstall it but it just wouldn't. I need your help guys. Thanks a lot. PS: The Security providers are all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re install windows defender

2. reload windows defender windows 8