Windows 10: How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup

Discus and support How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted boot manager from the bios settings and now when I try to boot in windows or bios setup it shows a black screen with a blinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by User001011, Aug 16, 2022.

1. How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup

I accidentally deleted boot manager from the bios settings and now when I try to boot in windows or bios setup it shows a black screen with a blinking underscore. I hope that reinstalling windows will fix this problem.

:)

User001011, Aug 16, 2022

2. Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 16, 2022
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 16, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup

Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options

Hi Dalsapy

If your drive is not visible in BIOS in System information or in the Boot list, then there is a problem with your drive, that must appear in BIOS for it to be able to boot Windows

In BIOS, did you restore all defaults?

Please provide a photo of the Boot tab of your BIOS setup . . .

DaveM121, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup

1. How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup - Similar Threads - reinstall cant boot

2. How to setup BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup BIOS in windows 10: How do I set up BIOS on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-bios-in-windows-10/8746c3ad-f0dc-43ae-a428-28a5ca47e786
  3. How to setup BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setup BIOS in windows 10: How do I set up BIOS on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-bios-in-windows-10/8746c3ad-f0dc-43ae-a428-28a5ca47e786
  4. How to setup BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup

How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup: I accidentally deleted boot manager from the bios settings and now when I try to boot in windows or bios setup it shows a black screen with a blinking underscore. I hope that reinstalling windows will fix this problem....
  6. How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall windows if cant boot in bios setup: I accidentally deleted boot manager from the bios settings and now when I try to boot in windows or bios setup it shows a black screen with a blinking underscore. I hope that reinstalling windows will fix this problem....
  7. cant boot in or reinstall windows 10

cant boot in or reinstall windows 10: hello,im having serious issues with my windows 10 pc i have other computers but this is the only one running windows 10 and i cant login to my account. i used msconfig to make changes to my booting, i should have used the traditional method i know and now there's no internet...
  8. cant boot in or reinstall windows 10

cant boot in or reinstall windows 10: hello,im having serious issues with my windows 10 pc i have other computers but this is the only one running windows 10 and i cant login to my account. i used msconfig to make changes to my booting, i should have used the traditional method i know and now there's no internet...
  9. Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER: I cant boot into my BIOS or BOOTLOADER anymore, dont know why, when i press DELETE (which is my BIOS button) i get a blank screen and the computer doesnt seem to go past POST - same with F12 any ideas? i have win10 1909 CPU i5 ivy bridge (v3) 12Gb RAM Samsung SSD Gigabyte...
  10. Help with Legacy BIOS Boot setup and Windows 10 reinstall non-UEFI

Help with Legacy BIOS Boot setup and Windows 10 reinstall non-UEFI: I've been having constant problems with my new Sound BlasterX AE-5 soundcard not being consistently recognized at boot. It seems it is extremely similar to the issue that the older Sound Blaster Z cards had several years ago where they were not recognized on many, but not...