Windows 10: How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed

Discus and support How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I've had a lot of problems with Linux and Windows. I am in great danger I installed debian after somedays the windows doesn't start-up & the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SykoRiyan, Jun 26, 2020.

1. SykoRiyan Win User

How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed

Hello

I've had a lot of problems with Linux and Windows. I am in great danger

I installed debian after somedays the windows doesn't start-up & the troubleshooting is not working. All the advance options are not working to fix it.

Then i installed Windows setup in pendrive. Then i insert the pendrive for installation. Then the installation says windows can't install on mbr UEFI System. Windows can be install only in GPT drive.

Then I tried to convert mbr drive to gpt by listing the disk with the command But then it says that the disk is not convertible.

Then i acted like a fool by formatting drive C It was the primary drive of Windows. I thought I would format this drive and install Windows again. I acted like a complete fool.Then I saw that Windows is not installed.

Then I started kali linux which was debian But then I see no such partition problem, Then i start

Watching tutorial for the problem can be fixed or not, but it is being repeated. The solution given in the tutorial is also not working.What can I do now? Please help me, I am very worried about these things.

Note -

•My HDD is 1TB which has more then 6 partition's

Maybe 2 primary, 1 extended & others were logically.

•I don't have ssd, if I had ssd I would back up and try to install windows in hdd format, but I don't have it. I only have a pen drive which is 32 GB where Windows setup is installed.

•I fixed the grub problem temporary for looking at Linux through gparted for a while, where it is said that it is not possible to create more than 4 primary partitions and I have formatted 2 partitions that are unallocated.

•The CD rom of my laptop is useless I mean broken.

Please help me how to get those salutions :'

:)

SykoRiyan, Jun 26, 2020
  2. blckwlf Win User

how to instal debian i386

on the debian website they offer diffrent downloads of their os debian i386 how do i download it adn instal it? on a normal windows XP computer

blckwlf, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 26, 2020
  4. How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

my laptop currently windows 10 won't boot into desktop or in login screen after I did some force shutdown by holding down power button.

What to do?

These are the steps I performed

1. Bootrec /fixmbr

2. Bootrec /fixboot

3. Bootrec /rebuildbcd

4. Chkdsk c: /f /r /x

in step 4, I've got an error in step 2 then i close the cmd in advanced boot options.

now my question is, what other method should I need to do without losing my very important data inside my drive?

is system repairing using a bootable disk can be use? withput losing data?

Cris MarkSotto, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed

1. How to reinstall windows without losing data, Debian installed - Similar Threads - reinstall without losing

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to install windows 11 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows 11 without losing data?: Microsoft recently released windows 11, I really like it, like a lotSo I wanted to install but I have no experience like installing a OS.I also found out that if you install any OS, You will lose all your data, Any help?...
  6. How to install windows 11 without losing data?

How to install windows 11 without losing data?: Microsoft recently released windows 11, I really like it, like a lotSo I wanted to install but I have no experience like installing a OS.I also found out that if you install any OS, You will lose all your data, Any help?...
  7. How to install windows 11 without losing data?

8. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  9. Reinstall Windows without losing data

Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  10. Reinstall Windows without losing data