Windows 10: How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive.

Discus and support How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems like everyone only has one hdd, but I have MANY, and I'd like to have space on my boot drive restored. All indications are that the photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LawyerWebb, Apr 15, 2021.

1. How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive.

It seems like everyone only has one hdd, but I have MANY, and I'd like to have space on my boot drive restored. All indications are that the photos are in the "cloud," but they still occupy my .5tb boot drive taking up almost all of the space. There is a cloud symbol by each file, but the space is still taken. I've been unable to figure out how to relocate the files to my 8tb with 3TB of space.

:)

LawyerWebb, Apr 15, 2021

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive. :)

justinmreina, Apr 15, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Apr 15, 2021
  4. How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive.

How do I get "Photo Options" to pop up once I open icloud for windows 10?

Hi Don,

There are several options that you can do to troubleshoot your iCloud
    issue. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Uninstall and reinstall iCloud.
    • Make sure that your iCloud app is enabled to both your iOS devices and to your Windows 10 PC.
    • Open iCloud to check if the Photo Options window will pop-up.
    • If not, create a new user profile named Test and open iCloud
      from there.

Should you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive.

1. How to relocate iCloud Photos AWAY from boot drive. - Similar Threads - relocate iCloud Photos

2. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  3. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  4. Photos Widget Showing Pics NOT from iCloud Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Widget Showing Pics NOT from iCloud Photos: Hi there. Is there any way to get the Windows 11 Photo Widget to show photos from my iCloud Photo Library. I'm using the latest version of Photos in Windows 11....
  5. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  6. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  7. Boot drive relocated to another drive because of bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot drive relocated to another drive because of bitlocker?: I'm not sure how to phrase this, but when I used BitLocker to encrypt my C drive, I think it moved a boot folder to another drive my O drive, along with some other system recovery partitions my E drive. Now my question is that is it possible to move those partitions and...
  8. iCloud photos

iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  9. How to download photos from iCloud?

How to download photos from iCloud?: I cannot save photos that downloaded from iCloud. Please… I just click on Open but cannot save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-photos-from-icloud/d42c4782-3520-407b-b307-724b9b4ccf54"
  10. Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC

Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC: I downloaded photos from I cloud and clicked on open instead of save....what/how I get in saved ***Original title: photos from i cloud*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos-from-icloud-to-pc/24f9b4e3-db65-4897-855e-4fc6c439a15e