Windows 10: How to relocate thumb cache?

Discus and support How to relocate thumb cache? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to relocate thumb cache? Or have two cache streams? (at diff locations)? I know that this/these are someway possible :) 124782 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArmaRayo, Jan 6, 2019.

1. ArmaRayo Win User

How to relocate thumb cache?

How to relocate thumb cache? Or have two cache streams? (at diff locations)?
    I know that this/these are someway possible How to relocate thumb cache? :)

:)

ArmaRayo, Jan 6, 2019

2. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Jan 6, 2019
  3. Windows Store Cache Problems (Windows 10)

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store components are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try resetting Windows Store cache as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Type wsreset.exe in the search box.
    • Right-click wsreset, then select Run as Administrator.
    • Complete the process, then open Windows Store to test.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend following the suggested steps by
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread. Follow the steps 1 to 4 and see if it helps.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jan 6, 2019
  4. How to relocate thumb cache?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

How to relocate thumb cache?

1. How to relocate thumb cache? - Similar Threads - relocate thumb cache

2. How to relocate installation of System Managed partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to relocate installation of System Managed partition: Ok, before I describe my issue, let me explain a few things.When installing windows for the first time, there are 2 partitions that are made. A system managed partition, and a primary partition. The system managed partition is what I assume to be the location of the EFI or...
  3. What made the "RELOCATED"?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    What made the "RELOCATED"?!: Dear Sir/Friends: I often use the "Optimize" to improve my pc speed. I know when it do the "Optimize",steps are: defragmented and consolidated. BUT recently a new step named " relocated" joined in. It even does more times than"defragmented" and "consolidated" The more, the...
  4. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  5. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  6. Relocate applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocate applications: Hi Folks,I have an application that runs locally on the desktops. It is a nuisance to manage over all the individual desktops. Can this be configured to run on a Windows Server and display on the individual desktops? I don't want to use Remote Desktop; what I imagine is more...
  7. Identifying the appropriate thumb/icon cache file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Identifying the appropriate thumb/icon cache file: Desktop shortcuts to folders that temporarily hold video files, keep parts of the video file thumbnails in their icons after the video files have been removed. One of the ways of correcting that, is to delete the contents of...
  8. Relocating Windows.edb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Relocating Windows.edb: My Windows.edb is taking 26 GB on my C drive. I want to relocated to my D drive. I'm thinking I might as well rebuild it so it will be defragged and otherwise cleaned up. My question is what is the correct procedure for doing this. So far, I have: 1 Created:...
  9. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  10. Relocate folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocate folder locations: I got myself into this mess. Please pleaseee, if anyone could help me solving it I'd be really grateful since it's driving me mad. Initially I wanted to relocate my main folders such as Documents/Music/Downloads etc. into new location. However, I somehow managed to combine...