Windows 10: How to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post personal data storage folders to a...

Discus and support How to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post personal data storage folders to a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post e-mail data files where all these software store my personal information to a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GyozoK, Oct 8, 2020.

1. GyozoK Win User

How to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post personal data storage folders to a...

Hi,

I would like to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post e-mail data files where all these software store my personal information to a new drive that is actually an encrypted virtual volume that has a drive letter e.g. R:.

I want to make sure all these data can be access only after the encrypted volume was successfully mounted.

I thought of creating symbolic links of the original folders to point to the new folder on the new drive... but I am not sure:

- which folders to relocate exactly?

- if the symlinks may work or not?

- what steps will I need to do?

So far, I got to know that my Contacts are saved to c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Comms\UnistoreDB\

Some files here I have no access to, migth be used, opened by the apps. So I think I will have to create the symlinks in Windows RE or Safe mode.

Your help is appreciated!

GyozoK

:)

GyozoK, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Florio Win User

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Kari, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

How to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post personal data storage folders to a...

Relocating System Storage Folders

You need to create a folder(s) with the same name as the library(ies) on the drive you want to use(go to properties of newly created folder and give it the correct icon).

1. Then go to the Library and right click,
    2. Choose properties,
    3. Go to Location tab,
    4. Click find target and tree down to your newly created folder
    5. Then click move and wait until everything has been moved,
    6. Click apply

How to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post personal data storage folders to a... [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to relocate Windows 10 Contacts, Calendar and Post personal data storage folders to a... - Similar Threads - relocate Contacts Calendar

2. contact a person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    contact a person: i want to contact microsoft support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-a-person/1850a4e4-1bdd-4d35-94af-9e793ffa78b2
  3. Folder relocation/renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder relocation/renaming: Hi Team,My question is regarding the renaming and relocation of Folders in a company Drive: We have a number of folders that are named in Dutch and wish to add an English translation in the name as well as maybe relocating some them to a different folder.Are the above...
  4. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  5. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  6. Windows Reset deletes all calendar and contact data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Reset deletes all calendar and contact data: After the last two Microsoft updates my computer was becoming increasingly unstable. I decided to reset as a last resort after being shown a very short list of apps that would be deleted the list DID NOT include Microsoft Office or Quickbooks, VPN or Password manager and...
  7. Relocating User data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Relocating User data: So I know we can relocate default user data either during installation or later on. My question is, (and this is for user data only and not other system folders), what happens when you do a reinstall? My setup: C: for windows and software, D: for regular data and games, and...
  8. Program Data folder relocation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Data folder relocation: Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it is possible to change the localisation of folderC:/ProgramData to another drive? if yes,could someone give me instructions please.very please. Thank you Best regards Tomasz...
  9. Relocate folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocate folder locations: I got myself into this mess. Please pleaseee, if anyone could help me solving it I'd be really grateful since it's driving me mad. Initially I wanted to relocate my main folders such as Documents/Music/Downloads etc. into new location. However, I somehow managed to combine...
  10. Relocating System Storage Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Relocating System Storage Folders: I'm currently running an SSD drive for my operating system. It's only 120 GB and what to do is move the storage folders (ie, My Music, My Videos, My Documents, etc etc etc) to another drive to reduce strain on the SSD Drive. As we all know SSD Drives can be fickle, but so...