Windows 10: How to remap keys?

Discus and support How to remap keys? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My dad got a computer and never used it so he gave it to me. He switched caps lock to control and I want it back the way it was. I asked him for help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BradenMer, Jul 18, 2020.

1. How to remap keys?

My dad got a computer and never used it so he gave it to me. He switched caps lock to control and I want it back the way it was. I asked him for help and he never did so I was wondering if one of you guys can help me.

submitted by /u/BradenMer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BradenMer, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Ashunka Win User
    Accidentally remapped keys

A few hours ago, I somehow managed to accidentally remap a few of my keys. For example, my escape key has been remapped to "1". I have no idea how I managed to do this, it occurred when I was randomly typing on my keyboard.

Ashunka, Jul 18, 2020
  4. How to remap keys?

Remapping keyboard keys

Hi, Gonadgranny,

How to remap Windows Keyboard to match the Mac Keyboard layout.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/03/17/how-to-remap-win...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

How to remap keys?

1. How to remap keys? - Similar Threads - remap keys

2. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  3. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  4. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...
  6. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...
  7. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there a way to remap copy and paste shortcuts to a single key each without the use of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remap copy and paste shortcuts to a single key each without the use of...: Hello everyone. For work, I am being tasked with a project that will require me to copy and paste values from excel thousands of times. I was hoping to temporarily map copy and paste to individual keys to make the process that much faster than ctrl c and ctrl v. We are not...
  9. Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...: tl;dr: F10 key works, Shift key works, but pressing them together Shift + F10 does nothing. Works fine in Safe Mode.I've only been using Windows 11 for about a week on a new laptop.I was enjoying the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut, which mimics the mouse right-click action by...
  10. Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...

Windows 11 - Shift + F10 no longer displaying the context menu? Remap a key to display the...: tl;dr: F10 key works, Shift key works, but pressing them together Shift + F10 does nothing. Works fine in Safe Mode.I've only been using Windows 11 for about a week on a new laptop.I was enjoying the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut, which mimics the mouse right-click action by...