Windows 10: How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

Discus and support How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently started using windows after being a mac use for the past decade. One thing I've gotten very used to is using the left-side button on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enkoodabaoo4, Oct 26, 2020.

1. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

I recently started using windows after being a mac use for the past decade. One thing I've gotten very used to is using the left-side button on my (microsoft) mouse to "open in new tab" when I'm in a web browser. However it seems in windows the default mapping for this button is browser back.

It seems what I need to do is remap this button to do a control-click. I've looked in both Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center as well as X-Mouse Button Control, but it seems like neither will let you remap a button to do a control-click. It seems you can only remap them to do a combination of key presses.

Is there any way to remap this button to do control-click? Or is there another way to get this button to do "open in new tab" when I'm in a browser? I appreciate any help!

submitted by /u/Enkoodabaoo4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enkoodabaoo4, Oct 26, 2020
  2. pagalms Win User

Remap wireless mouse buttons?

Hey there! *Smile How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click? :)
    I have Logitech MX620 wireless mouse and i'm looking for remap search button (never used it) to something more useful, like Refresh for i-net browsers. Is it possible to remap it without using additional software (editing registry or something like that)?
    *Smile How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click? :)
    BTW pic of the mouse and it's button, that i wish to remap:

How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click? [​IMG]

pagalms, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Mouse aditional buttons recognized as keybord keys

I tried using the app you suggested but didn't work because I didn't know if the mouse was sending right or left CTRL/ALT/SHIFT/Windows keys.

Then I came across this app http://atnsoft.com/keyremapper/. I manage to remap Right CTRL and Right ALT to back and forward buttons, respectively. But then if I press those keys
    it's as if I press the mouse buttons.

In your last reply you said that I could remove the keyboard inputs, may I ask what did you mean by that?

Pedro Batista PB, Oct 26, 2020
  4. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

Frustrated with Ctrl + Mouse movement jumping to start button

I don't know what to do to fix this. I use the Left Ctrl button my computer to select multiple files at the same time (ie., emails, files, folders, etc), but with my new Windows 10 computer any movement of the mouse paired with holding down the left ctrl
    button (and only the left one weirdly) makes the cursor jump to the start button. It's really annoying and I can't find any way to fix this. The computer is brand new so it's not likely a virus or anything. It seems like an accessibility feature but I can't
    find any way to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions??

JimD_Psych, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

1. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click? - Similar Threads - remap mouse left

2. is it possible to remap keys to left and right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to remap keys to left and right click.: Hi,is it possible to remap keys on e.g. left ctrl to right click and left fn to right click?Probably it is, but than it is renders those keys unusable for the original purpose. So is it possible to remap then only when the touchpad is in use? Or the other way around not to...
  3. is it possible to remap keys to left and right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to remap keys to left and right click.: Hi,is it possible to remap keys on e.g. left ctrl to right click and left fn to right click?Probably it is, but than it is renders those keys unusable for the original purpose. So is it possible to remap then only when the touchpad is in use? Or the other way around not to...
  4. Ctrl and Left Click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl and Left Click?: When in any game, I have to hold ctrl in order to use my keyboard and left click at the same time. I'm pretty new to PC/Laptop gaming and was wondering how to change this so I don't have to hold ctrl....
  5. Ctrl and Left Click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl and Left Click?: When in any game, I have to hold ctrl in order to use my keyboard and left click at the same time. I'm pretty new to PC/Laptop gaming and was wondering how to change this so I don't have to hold ctrl....
  6. Mouse Side-Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  7. Left mouse button clicking multiple times

Left mouse button clicking multiple times: When I hold left mouse click down and run my finger around the left click, whilst still holding down it, it unclicks and clicks again. This can happen multiple times in one hold. This makes it frustrating when dragging things across the monitor. I have had the mouse for a...
  8. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  9. Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse

Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse: Sometimes when a new window pops up on my windows 10 laptop I am unable to left-click to select something. To get it to work I have to right-click first, then I am able to left-click on it. Its like the focus goes out. I am using the Dell wireless mouse that came with my...
  10. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails: Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away. Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be displayed. A Right Btn Click actually displays the popup menu. This was the condition when I bought the machine....