Windows 10: How to remember window size for app display

Discus and support How to remember window size for app display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use dual monitors at work. Every time I resize the windows to be smaller than full screen, each morning when I re-open the app, it starts in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andria_1979, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How to remember window size for app display

I use dual monitors at work. Every time I resize the windows to be smaller than full screen, each morning when I re-open the app, it starts in full screen again. I'm having to resize and drag apps to the other monitor every morning rather than having them open where I moved them and in the size I adjusted the window to the day before?

:)

Andria_1979, Jan 24, 2020

2. Desktop Icons are giantt size and layered on top of each other

Hi Gloria,

The size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings might be higher than 100%. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask these questions:

• Which Windows build version do you have?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings on your computer by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type in Display, and then select Display settings
      from the list of results.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, make sure that it is on
      100% only. If not, change it to 100% by moving the slider from right to left.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 24, 2020
  4. How to remember window size for app display

Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to increase the desktop icons' size.

You can change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the Ctrl key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To increase the size of text, apps and other item, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards right side to increase the size.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How to remember window size for app display

1. How to remember window size for app display - Similar Threads - remember window size

2. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  3. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  4. Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11: Every time I open Edge it opens in a huge not maximized window size and is always halfway off the screen. This forces me to resize and shift the window over EVERY TIME I open Edge. I have seen several posts for this issue but none of the solutions work for me. I have updated...
  5. Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11

Edge not remembering windows size Windows 11: Every time I open Edge it opens in a huge not maximized window size and is always halfway off the screen. This forces me to resize and shift the window over EVERY TIME I open Edge. I have seen several posts for this issue but none of the solutions work for me. I have updated...
  6. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  7. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?: Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so. submitted by /u/Daemonshmike [link] [comments]...
  8. Movies & TV app doesn't remember size

Movies & TV app doesn't remember size: I cannot get Windows 10's Movies & TV app to remember the window size. (Side note: I'm using a 4K monitor, therefore, the Movies & TV app window size loads at about a fraction of my screen.) It starts out small, and I try dragging the corners out (even while holding CTRL...
  9. how to reduce the size of window displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reduce the size of window displays: how to reduce the size of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window-displays/d7a3f259-3c5f-4fae-ba22-1128024e4075
  10. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...