Windows 10: How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network

Discus and support How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having after a while managed to remotely connect to my laptop on my local network,which was purely to see if i could do it,i now want to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mcgoo, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mcgoo Win User

How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network

Having after a while managed to remotely connect to my laptop on my local network,which was purely to see if i could do it,i now want to connect to someone else s computer at the other side of town so as i can resolve problems for them.is there any tutorials or advice from anyone on the simplest way to do this,
    Thanks.

:)

mcgoo, Aug 7, 2015

2. Connect to a remote machine on a different network

Greetings,

I would like to connect from my windows 10 machine to my dads windows 7 machine. I need to be able to look at his files and determine why he is running out of disk space. what sort of free software is available to do this?

cheers

minikingog, Aug 7, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Connect to a remote machine on a different network

TeamViewer, is what I'm accustomed to.

Windows has desktop sharing but its too complicated for most people.

'Mike P, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Aug 7, 2015
  5. mcgoo Win User
    Thank you,i will have a look.

mcgoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network - Similar Threads - remote connect computer

2. How to fix bad local network connections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix bad local network connections?: When I try to use my desktop for mostly any local internet connection it doesn't connect to the device properly or at all. An example of this would be using a quest 2 with air link but it being very delayed. It does connect to it but with high latency, my computer handles the...
  3. How to fix bad local network connections?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix bad local network connections?: When I try to use my desktop for mostly any local internet connection it doesn't connect to the device properly or at all. An example of this would be using a quest 2 with air link but it being very delayed. It does connect to it but with high latency, my computer handles the...
  4. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network: I have a local network and I find that the connection to other Windows 10 computers on the network is failing to show. I go through all the usual recommended steps but why should this be necessary. If I have configured all the bits and pieces to work why is the connectivity...
  5. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network: I have a local network and I find that the connection to other Windows 10 computers on the network is failing to show. I go through all the usual recommended steps but why should this be necessary. If I have configured all the bits and pieces to work why is the connectivity...
  6. Repeatedly losing network connection to other computers on local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  8. Remote desktop connection drop, local network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection drop, local network: System, Windows10 pro RD connection drop randomly after some minutes 15', 30' changes. I reconnect and continue. Perhaps, it's related about connection speed. If I use internet, drop probability increase. If driver problem, which driver? thank you, Günlük Adı: System...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer

Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer: Have 2 laptop computers running windows 10 computer #1 and computer #2. Need to know how to login remotely to computer #2 and gain access to my User ID with my Password. According to the following article My Personal Credential feature is a single credential entry which is...
  10. remote connecting a computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote connecting a computer: How do you remote connect 2 computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-connecting-a-computer/4f8313df-f430-4b37-a11f-fc9c95d44d46

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect to teamviewer do we need on the oc to be connected

2. how to remote connect to pc not on network

3. how to remote to a computer not on a network