Windows 10: How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

Discus and support How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Many people tend to use multiple devices. This includes their smartphones, personal laptops, desktops in offices and homes. Even after a great... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 11, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers Remote-COmputer-DIsk-Space-100x99.png
    Many people tend to use multiple devices. This includes their smartphones, personal laptops, desktops in offices and homes. Even after a great cloud-based integration with the services like OneDrive, some simple things really need the physical presence of the user [...]

This post How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Sep 11, 2018
  4. How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

last free disk space after defrag in windows 10had

HI Joshua,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about free storage space after performing disk defragmentation and disk clean. Do not worry, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that the disk defragmentation might have taken up hard drive space if there are errors on the drive.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to scan for the shadow storage created on your device as this might be consuming the free storage space.

Follow:

• Log-in as an administrator.
    • Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Type vssadmin list shadowstorage into the command prompt

• The results should tell you the amount of storage used and the maximum amount allotted.

• Type vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=[your hard disk]: /On=[your hard disk]: /MaxSize=[how much space you want to allocate]

• You should get a message saying successfully resized the shadow copy storage association, and you should have more free space on your hard drive.

You may run a scan disk command to remove the bad sectors from the hard drive and then run disk cleanup and check if it works.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk)
    and check if it helps.

Chkdsk: The
    Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your own risk.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    • You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).
    • Press Y key on the keyboard and press
      Enter key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

1. How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers - Similar Threads - remotely check Disk

2. How to check Disk Space Usage in a Folder in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Disk Space Usage in a Folder in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Has it ever happened to you that a disk is completely full but you don’t know why? In that case, we can check Disk Space Usage in a Folder to know how big a folder is and how much space is it taking. We have a few methods on how to do the same. Let us […] This...
  3. Shared computer and disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared computer and disk space: At my job, we have a few devicesWin 10 Pro that are setup as Kiosks. So they are shared devices and any user with domain account can come in login and access company resources. What is the best practice so that when users login, their profiles don't eat up disk space. The...
  4. Shared computer and disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared computer and disk space: At my job, we have a few devicesWin 10 Pro that are setup as Kiosks. So they are shared devices and any user with domain account can come in login and access company resources. What is the best practice so that when users login, their profiles don't eat up disk space. The...
  5. Shared computer and disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to check OneDrive storage space

in Windows 10 News
    How to check OneDrive storage space: OneDrive is an excellent cloud-storage platform and rather has a lot of advantages over its rivals. However, the space in OneDrive is limited. If you wish to check the total and used space on your OneDrive account, then read through this article. How to check the OneDrive...
  7. disk management on remote computer

disk management on remote computer: Hi, in Disk Management (W10) I don't see an option for connection to remote computer. Just wondering is it possible by another means... Thanks. 150008
  8. computer is always disk low space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is always disk low space: Even that I erase all files the disk C is always low in space, I can not install any other APP.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-always-disk-low-space/4dce3b8c-e7e7-4127-b025-1a4e8db6197f
  9. How Is There Little Disk Space

How Is There Little Disk Space: Dear MSCS I am in a dilemma concerning the amount of PC Disk Space that has been used up on this laptop. This is the data I have compiled using the properties utility available. This is my old laptop which was a WinXP, by changing the hard-drive, it was upgraded to a...
  10. Low Disk Space on new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low Disk Space on new computer: Computer is new and 21.8 GB taken up on 29GB disk. I tried to download windows 10 upgrade and I think it was already on the computer. The computer has never run correctly. I have reset the only thing and till shows all this disk drive taken up. thoughts??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. finding out how to see how many gb are on a partition remotely

2. remotely check disk space

3. how do i found out how much disk space is on PC remotely

4. check disk space remote pc,
  5. how to check disk space remotely,
  6. windows check disk space remotely,
  7. remotely check space on a PC