Windows 10: How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC

Discus and support How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,Is there any way to remotely locate a domain joined Windows 10 PC? I know it is possible via Microsoft account if it is not domain joined.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yesyesyes200x, Jul 25, 2021.

1. How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC

Hi,Is there any way to remotely locate a domain joined Windows 10 PC? I know it is possible via Microsoft account if it is not domain joined. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/find-and-lock-a-lost-windows-device-890bf25e-b8ba-d3fe-8253-e98a12f26316 How can I do it in a domain environment? Could not find any solution online, thank you.

:)

yesyesyes200x, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC [​IMG]

Brink, Jul 25, 2021
  3. rseiler Win User
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

I just checked an RS3 PC already domain-joined (the RS3 I was checking earlier was not yet joined to anything), and there are no blue links for it either, strongly suggesting that MS lets you only do one or the other.

What I should try is doing an Azure AD join (any method) and then doing a domain join via the old UI. That may be a loophole.

rseiler, Jul 25, 2021
  4. How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC

Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC

1. How to remotely locate a domain joined windows PC - Similar Threads - remotely locate domain

2. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  3. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  4. How to upgrade a domain-joined PC to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade a domain-joined PC to Windows 11?: I need to start testing Windows 11. I understand that domain-joined computers will not be automatically upgraded so I'd like to know how I can manually upgrade. We're talking about a few specific computers, not organization-wide. Removing and rejoining the domain is not an...
  5. How to upgrade a domain-joined PC to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade a domain-joined PC to Windows 11?: I need to start testing Windows 11. I understand that domain-joined computers will not be automatically upgraded so I'd like to know how I can manually upgrade. We're talking about a few specific computers, not organization-wide. Removing and rejoining the domain is not an...
  6. Joining the pc to domain issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining the pc to domain issues: Hi In our company ,when we join the pc to domain then user login with is credentials getting error that search & windows option is not getting and after restart the pc getting error black screen.please let me know solution for this....
  7. Remote desktop to an Azure joined PC on corporate domain

Remote desktop to an Azure joined PC on corporate domain: Hello, I wondered if someone can help. I am trying to set up a remote worker, who will need to use a home PC to RDP into their work PC which is on a corporate LAN. I have everything set up and I can establish an RDP connection BUT I am unable to log in using "*** Email...
  8. Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers

Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers: We're oddly not finding good guidance for this situation elsewhere, nor even anyone asking questions about it, so I thought I'd ask here. We have company workstations joined to the local domain for the usual centralized control and policy administration purposes....
  9. How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain: Last Updated on May 22, 2019So, you want to learn how to join your Windows 10 PC to a domain? Great! You’ve come to the right place then. First, let’s start off with some definition. What’s a domain? A domain is a kind of network that allows you to login to your user from any...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Local Active Directory Domain A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single computer which is called a server. A Domain provides single user...