Windows 10: How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

Discus and support How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jspi_777, Mar 6, 2022.

1. jspi_777 Win User

How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is to block or change type, but I want to remove them like I would do for an"other user account".I don t want to remove them from my family and I already tried to log with their user into Microsoft family and remove the laptop from the list of their devices, but it does not remove their account from the laptopI ca

:)

jspi_777, Mar 6, 2022

2. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Mar 6, 2022
  3. Unable to remove child account from Family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to removing the child account from family. I thank you for bringing this to our notice regarding the settings.

Let me provide you another way to remove the child account from family.

1. Go to
      family.microsoft.com
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Under your child’s name click on
      More options.
    4. Now click on Remove from family and then click on Remove.

Once you confirm to remove the child account, it should be removed from the family group.

Let us know if you have any concerns, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 6, 2022
  4. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

1. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family - Similar Threads - remove child account

2. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  3. how to remove a child from a family!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  4. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  6. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  7. Cannot remove child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...
  8. Cannot remove child from family account

Cannot remove child from family account: Cannot remove child from family account. Get message saying the original parent needs to remove the child. Both me and my wife cannot remove our child from the account. We want to change him to a new microsoft account...
  9. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  10. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...