Windows 10: How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details

Discus and support How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to add my son to my Microsoft family but it says he's already a member of a family and needs to leave that first. When I log in as my son it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Wendy Ferroe, May 6, 2020.

1. How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details

I'm trying to add my son to my Microsoft family but it says he's already a member of a family and needs to leave that first. When I log in as my son it says his adult is me but it must be a different account I have as when I log in as the adult it still says the child account is pending. I can't see anywhere on the child account that will confirm the e mail address of the adult account. I have tried all the e mails I know that I have set up to see if I've accidently set my son up on a family account in the past and just forgot about it but I cannot find the right adult account to log in with. Any ideas?

I know I have to remove the child from the adult account but I can't remember which e mail address I used for the adult account. PLease help!

:)

Wendy Ferroe, May 6, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 6, 2020
  3. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 6, 2020
  4. How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details

Shawn Brink, May 6, 2020
Thema:

How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details

1. How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details - Similar Threads - remove child existing

2. Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult: Hello,I'm trying to setup Family. One child 14 already had a MS account in which he set his D.O.B. so he was 26. I had him change his D.O.B. to be correct and now shows him as 14 on his MS account profile page.It still does not show him as a child in Family however. He has...
  3. Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult: Hello,I'm trying to setup Family. One child 14 already had a MS account in which he set his D.O.B. so he was 26. I had him change his D.O.B. to be correct and now shows him as 14 on his MS account profile page.It still does not show him as a child in Family however. He has...
  4. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  5. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  6. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  7. how to change an account from a child to an adult

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change an account from a child to an adult: How to change an account from a child to an adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-account-from-a-child-to-an-adult/d4112f81-8f9e-4d12-8684-d829f8bcc331
  8. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  9. Blocking adult family account by child?

Blocking adult family account by child?: How come a child's family Microsoft account can block access to pc of its adult's account in windows 10? That's pretty unfair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-adult-family-account-by-child/bb8a4ef4-68b2-434d-a760-ec458fb74c2b
  10. Remove my own child account from an adult account

Remove my own child account from an adult account: I am 17 years old and got a new laptop for my birthday. Signed into my Microsoft account and noticed under "Family" that I am listed as a child under a person that is not my parent. How do I remove myself from their adult account so that they can't control my restrictions and...