Windows 10: How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...

Discus and support How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop and then bought a desktop PC. I tried to transfer my license from my laptop Windows 10 to PC and now I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TestUser12345_001, Sep 16, 2020.

1. How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 laptop and then bought a desktop PC. I tried to transfer my license from my laptop Windows 10 to PC and now I have the same license on two computers.

I searched for some items here and found that it might not be allowed to transfer licenses, if I haven't purchased one before separately. But now I cannot remove license from neither my laptop, nor my desktop. Please let me know if such license transfer is allowed and how I can remove license from either device. Thank you!

:)

TestUser12345_001, Sep 16, 2020

2. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Zedicus Win User
    windows licensing issue

k so the place where i work is around 4000 computers now and we r finally talking about moving to XP. i have a bit of a licensing issue that im curious on. all of the computers we purchase come with a windows xp OEM key. but to build a business wide image i have to use a volume license key installer. the head man thinks it is perfectly legal for me to come up with any random volume license key code to use on our image installer since each machine has a lisence stuck to it already. even though thouse licenses are for an oem install... for now im going to assume all the licenses on computers are actually for xp pro also, and not home, becuz then it would for sure not be legal.

im just kinda curious of peeples views becuz i know how stict the uela is. and for 1 or 2 computers i wouldnt care but where im setting up 4000 computers for a government agency i would like to not hav the licensing fall back on me.

Zedicus, Sep 16, 2020
  4. How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...

How do you deactivate Windows 10 license on one computer and then install it on another?

I am getting rid of the computer that has a full version of Windows 10 home installed on it. I want to use that license on a different computer. I cannot find within the Microsoft account a listing of the computers that have licenses and how I can deactivate
    the old computer.

MichaelQUESNEL1, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...

1. How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more... - Similar Threads - remove license deactivate

2. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?: I had windows10 key which I was able to use on 5 devices. During past years, I have changed many computers and used that key. Those computers are dead. My question is how I can free those licenses from dead comuters and use them somewhere else?...
  3. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?: I had windows10 key which I was able to use on 5 devices. During past years, I have changed many computers and used that key. Those computers are dead. My question is how I can free those licenses from dead comuters and use them somewhere else?...
  4. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  6. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  7. Same Digital License on Two Computers?

Same Digital License on Two Computers?: I built a Windows 8.1 computer that was eventually upgraded to Windows 10 for free so no OEM license. Recently I built a new computer with the intent to transfer the license from the old to the new. For some reason they are both still activated. My old computer says "Windows...
  8. my licenses key deactivated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my licenses key deactivated: dont know what happend i powered down for the night and when i started in this morning it now says activate windows key submitted by /u/zzzpotatozzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ingx69/my_licenses_key_deactivated/
  9. Deactivate Digital license

Deactivate Digital license: Hello, good evening. I want to remove/deactivate my win 10 pro license, if I use cmd slmgr process only in the property page says the win is not activated, but on the activation page says the window is activated with a digital license link to my acc. On the other hand...
  10. New computer same license.

New computer same license.: Hi, i just got my new computer and installed windows but it doesn't want to activate. I upgraded from win 7 or 8 a few years ago to win 10 (pro?) and haven't had any trouble with my license on the other computer. The harddrives from the old computer have been formatted and...