Windows 10: How to remove a Microsoft Account

Discus and support How to remove a Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It appears my prior postings regarding this issue have not lead to a solution to my problem. Below are screen shots that highlight my issue. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark Gill mgill, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How to remove a Microsoft Account

It appears my prior postings regarding this issue have not lead to a solution to my problem.

Below are screen shots that highlight my issue. When I turn on my laptop I see the following on the screen.

How to remove a Microsoft Account 3983e72f-8517-437e-85c8-7aca6e32bc2c?upload=true.jpg

I never put in a password to begin with.

When I click on OK I get the following screen.

How to remove a Microsoft Account 229547d2-2ec8-4c79-beb0-2a9056e16e20?upload=true.jpg

You can see on the bottom left hand side of the screen you can see to accounts. The one with the photo is an account that I have add forever and is associated with an old version of Office that I purchased in 2016. The account below is one I accidentally created when I thought I disabling the PIN required on the account above.

When I click on the top account I get the following screen.

How to remove a Microsoft Account 4ecf5a4a-526e-4ee6-9403-577a916b82e1?upload=true.jpg

I then input my PIN and login. So my question is how do I eliminate the account without the photo?

Another issue is I have a 3rd account that was created when I subscribed to Office 365 in December. I changed my profile photo so I could differentiate between the accounts.

How to remove a Microsoft Account [​IMG]

How do I get this down to one account?

Thanks

:)

Mark Gill mgill, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How to remove Microsoft account

Hi Lilith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you referring to Microsoft account which you are trying to remove?
    • Are you trying to remove the Outlook mail App?
    • What exact issue are you facing in Windows?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 29, 2020
  4. How to remove a Microsoft Account

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How to remove a Microsoft Account

1. How to remove a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft Account

2. REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Hello, My personal email is administrator on my work's pc and I want to remove it and to change it. How can I do this? Thanks in advanced. Recently, Athina Ap....
  3. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  4. How to delete/remove Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete/remove Microsoft Accounts: Dear Users, I have a problem with Windows 10. I want to delete/remove several Microsoft Accounts. I have a few accounts which I no longer want, and one or two that I no longer use, but they keep on appear. Can someone help me delete the Account ID's so that they are not...
  5. how to remove microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove microsoft account: I created a new microsoft account and transferred my files to my new one now i want to delete the one that dosent have use anymore from the computer but I dont know how can someone pleas help me submitted by /u/HumanSeagull [link] [comments]...
  6. Removing Microsoft Account

Removing Microsoft Account: I am returning a PC to the store due to damage. How do I remove my Microsoft Account from the PC before returning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-microsoft-account/eb8bdd04-0fd3-4260-9f8f-8c6b758f1870
  7. microsoft account removal

microsoft account removal: I have more than one microsoft account. This happened while I was trying to satisfy logins and passwords. I now have one account set up to automatically work when I use it to sign in. How do I remove the other accounts now? I don't want to go through frustrating sequences of...
  8. Removing a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft account: I recently removed a Microsoft account on my computer that didn't have the remove button but found a way to get a button to remove it, I can still log into the account, its still there, hiw can i get rid of it?...
  9. Microsoft Account Not Removable

Microsoft Account Not Removable: Hello! I have a pop-up that lets me know that there has been an error signing into one of my Microsoft Student accounts, but there is no option to remove the account in my settings tab. Here is an image of the Email and Accounts page showing both accounts. The email can...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040