Windows 10: how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?

Discus and support how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I saw many threads related to this question but not specific to "open hidden network" that my PC gets connected automatically in case it couldn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by n16814, Mar 9, 2022.

1. n16814 Win User

how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?

I saw many threads related to this question but not specific to "open hidden network" that my PC gets connected automatically in case it couldn't find my home secure wifi. Only the way I learn that is when I find my browser runs sluggish on certain known websites. I am concerned that my personal info can be exposed with this open/unsecured hidden network. Definitely not mine. Here is the screenshot of the network.BTW - this network doesn't show up in manage network for me to exercise delete or forget options.Thanks,

:)

n16814, Mar 9, 2022
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 9, 2022
  3. #LisaQ& Win User
    how to remove a hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically

Hi

I never accessed "Hidden Network". Hughesnet technician cam eby and upgraded the modem, and he gave me the wi-fi password to use. I have tried everything to delete this hidden network and it does not delete and connects automatically. Does this mean someone
    has use of my wi-fi network?

I can not find where to change my wi-fi network password either?

#LisaQ&, Mar 9, 2022
  4. how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?

Other Wi-Fi networks are automatically connected

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

If "Hidden Network" is not your Wi-Fi network and if it is automatically connected, you may follow the below steps to turn off the “connect automatically” option for other Wi-Fi routers and check.

1. Press Windows key + A to open action center and click on All Settings.

2. Now select Network and Internet.

3. In the left panel, select Wi-Fi.

4. Now in the right panel, select the option Change Adapter Options.

5. The Change Adapter Options will open the Network Connections. You will find the network connection to which your computer or tablet is connected.

6. Double click on the wireless connection to open the Wi-Fi status. Go to Wireless Properties.

7. Under Connection tab, find out “Connect automatically when this network is in range“. By default it is enabled. To disable it, uncheck the option and tap ok.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?

1. how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically? - Similar Threads - remove open hidden

2. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not connected automatically: My PC is wirelessly connected to the wifi. I am using Windows 10 20H2, however, it no longer automatically connects when I restart or boot my compmuter. Can anyone help me with this? Thank yo...
  3. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not connected automatically: My PC is wirelessly connected to the wifi. I am using Windows 10 20H2, however, it no longer automatically connects when I restart or boot my compmuter. Can anyone help me with this? Thank yo...
  4. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?: I saw many threads related to this question but not specific to "open hidden network" that my PC gets connected automatically in case it couldn't find my home secure wifi. Only the way I learn that is when I find my browser runs sluggish on certain known websites. I am...
  6. how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a open hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically?: I saw many threads related to this question but not specific to "open hidden network" that my PC gets connected automatically in case it couldn't find my home secure wifi. Only the way I learn that is when I find my browser runs sluggish on certain known websites. I am...
  7. Wi-Fi connects automatically

Wi-Fi connects automatically: I had yesterday updated to Windows 10 Pro 1903 and the problem was that I used the ALFA adapter to strengthen the WiFi but after the update i got the WiFi computer that automatically communicates with the ALFA and when i disconnect the WiFi device also disconnect the ALFA...
  8. how to remove a hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically

how to remove a hidden network from my wi-fi that connects automatically: For my wi-fi, on my Windows 10 computer, it shows a "Hidden Network: that automatically connects to my network. I have unclicked the "automatically connect" a hundred times and it keeps going back to automatically connecting. What is this? To expand, I have minimal download...
  9. Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi

Automatic Connection To Wi-Fi: When my PC wakes up, the Wi-Fi connects automatically even though “Connect automatically when in range” is off. This happens even if the PC was disconnected from the Wi-Fi before it went into sleep mode. How can the automatic connection be stopped?...
  10. Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically

Wi-Fi Is Not Connecting Automatically: Every time I started my computer, my wi-fi adapter would connect to the wi-fi network automatically. But now, I have to enter the password and connect manually every time I login to my computer. Even if I check "Connect Automatically" it doesn't help. Tried the following,...