Windows 10: How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I found a product key online and I decided to put it on my computer. I then linked it to my Microsoft account and now I want to remove it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by emmanueljayme, Sep 28, 2019.

1. How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

I found a product key online and I decided to put it on my computer. I then linked it to my Microsoft account and now I want to remove it.

:)

emmanueljayme, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 28, 2019
  3. yogalD Win User
    Product key without Microsoft account?

I read that the Windows 10 product key from the free upgrade is automatically linked to your Microsoft account. Since I do not want to use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows, will this be a problem when I reinstall in the future?

yogalD, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Maria Fab Win User

How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

1. How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - remove product key

2. How to Obtain Windows 10 Product key from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Obtain Windows 10 Product key from Microsoft: My PC mother board and the HDD got completely destroyed. Can anyone help me to obtain my Windows 10 Pro product key as well as to down load the OS...
  3. How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account: Hi folks, I have bought a PC that came without an OS and a copy of Windows license separately. At some point I have read that to help ease activation process when changing hardware and reinstalling it is preferable to link a product key to the Microsoft account, and so I...
  4. Removing pictures from the "Your Info" page of Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing pictures from the "Your Info" page of Microsoft Account: When I use the "Remove Picture" tool from the Manage Your Account section, it removes the picture that is in use at that time, showing just the standard blank silhouette. However, the 2 pictures that are on the "Your Info" page stay there, and I want to completely remove them...
  5. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Every single time I install windows, it loads up my profile with wallpaper, and windows settings , EVEN if I turn off sync before I install windows. I am selecting to remove all settings and files, however, windows 10 installs with sync ON by default. And it's loading ALL of...
  6. How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account: Microsoft introduced password-less sign-in functionality in the Microsoft Edge browser in the October 2018 Update for Windows 10. The new security feature unlocks options to sign in to Microsoft services without having to enter a password; the functionality is restricted to...
  7. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040
  8. Product key without Microsoft account?

Product key without Microsoft account?: I read that the Windows 10 product key from the free upgrade is automatically linked to your Microsoft account. Since I do not want to use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows, will this be a problem when I reinstall in the future? 12109
  9. How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator: I Accidentally convert the Hidden Administrator to a Microsoft Account, Need help to remove Microsoft Account on hidden admin. I use CMD elevated > net user administrator /active:yes On hidden Admin account you cannot switch to a Microsoft Account by going to...
  10. Removing your data from microsoft

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing your data from microsoft: A while, back, I used to let Microsoft collect data about me. How can I delete that data from Microsoft ? (Typing and inking data, etc ...) I still want to have a Microsoft account, but get rid of all my data. I can trust companies with that no more. Does Microsoft share...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove product key from microsoft account