Windows 10: How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10

Discus and support How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first got this netbook I created a Microsoft account. After a while and to help working from home during the pandemic I added my works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewScaife1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10

When I first got this netbook I created a Microsoft account.

After a while and to help working from home during the pandemic I added my works microsoft account.

I now want to delete the works account.

Settings > Email and Accounts shows both accounts, but clicking on my works account just shows a 'Manage' button, not the "Remove' one. How do I remove it?

Thanks in advance

:)

AndrewScaife1, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10

1. How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Second Microsoft

2. How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a terminated microsoft account from windows: A fews days before i terminated the main microsoft account i had been using till now as i wanted to replace it with a new one. But when i googled how to remove the account from windows.... it says "to click on manage button". And when i click on it , it says "That Microsoft...
  3. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  4. How to remove Microsoft account from Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Microsoft account from Window 10: My problem is i cannot remove my microsoft account/administrator account from windows 10. Plus Windows is asking me for a password that i never asked for it to ask me. I know it's not a virus because i know the password but i never asked for any password to be setup or be...
  5. how to remove microsoft account from windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to remove microsoft account from windows 10: how to remove microsoft account from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-microsoft-account-from-windows-10/d6e8bbfe-7ef1-4ca8-86db-3bd55ac5c6fd
  6. How to remove a Microsoft account from windows 10 44026

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove a Microsoft account from windows 10 44026: How to remove a Microsoft account from windows 10 44026 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-microsoft-account-from-windows-10/47ca48fc-a230-4d02-bcec-a05c60dc0bd6
  7. removing a microsoft account from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a microsoft account from windows 10: hi So i remove my microsoft account from a particular laptop, i wanted to know what is going to happen to the data in my account on the laptop like music, movies, programs and other files? will the data still be there when i sign in on that same laptop with the same...
  8. Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10: I will be answering my own question and am hopeful it helps others. BACKGROUND: While setting up a new PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, I created a local account and did not add a Microsoft Account. I then installed Office 2019 Professional Plus, which is a perpetual,...
  9. How to remove or unlink Microsoft account from Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove or unlink Microsoft account from Windows 10: Dear brothers, Please help me this situation: I'm working on a company using domain network. My co-worker is using a laptop running Windows 7 with Administrator account. One day, he upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, and he signs in the laptop with his his Microsoft Account....
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040