Windows 10: how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT

Discus and support how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello i did look on internet how to uninstall a 2nd windows on internet but all them are in dual boot option when my situation doesnt i dont see it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by warryx, May 13, 2019.

1. warryx Win User

how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT

hello i did look on internet how to uninstall a 2nd windows on internet but all them are in dual boot option when my situation doesnt i dont see it in my boot option as a old windows but kmow it is still install on my D drive how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT fa2e26f3-2410-43a2-9646-4e5ee76b4cd6?upload=true.png

:)

warryx, May 13, 2019

2. GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

I do not understand.

GPT is designed almost exclusively to allow huge arrays. The genesis of windows useable GPT drives goes back to Windows XP x64.

UEFI does not require GPT to boot. UEFI is the BIOS, functionally. It runs before any disk is touched.

As far as booting, stick with MBR on your SSD. There is no 2TB+ SSD on the market, and you're unlikely to have a RAID 0 array that large. Windows 7 defaults to MBR, for so many good reasons it isn't funny.

I haven't the slightest idea about where you linked UEFI and GPT. If you've got a large array as your boot drive you might have to cross this bridge, but given the difficulty I'd stay as far away from it as possible. MBR isn't old, it's still the primary windows drive formatting for a darn good reason.

lilhasselhoffer, May 13, 2019
  3. GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

If I have UEFI BIOS, I'm going to use GPT. Only reason why I wouldn't is because the drive is shared between new and old computers (MBR has broader compatibility support). I wrote a guide how to install Windows on GPT here:
    Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

No. Either you install on GPT via EFI boot or you intall MBR via BIOS boot. You can't install Windows and change it later.

Not only does GPT support booting to partitions larger than 2 TB, it also means the computer is booted using EFI which means it has a lot more memory to work with during startup. It should theoretically mean startup is quicker on EFI/GPT than BIOS/MBR.

FordGT90Concept, May 13, 2019
  4. how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT

GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

So I cannot use all the new bios UI and fancy pre-boot evironiment if i don't use UEFI-boot ? With or without GPT?

I just want to use the UEFI without GPT: so can I UEFI-boot and install win7 with MBR?

Now I actually asked the correct question I wanted. Sorry it took time to figure out.

RuskiSnajper, May 13, 2019
Thema:

how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT

1. how to remove a second windows install on a MBR drive when my primary is on a GPT - Similar Threads - remove second install

2. how to convert drive from mbr to gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert drive from mbr to gpt: how to convert drive from mbr to gpt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-drive-from-mbr-to-gpt/f581c706-6111-47b8-ac9d-41dff4277bcd
  3. how to convert drive from mbr to gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to convert drive from mbr to gpt: how to convert drive from mbr to gpt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-drive-from-mbr-to-gpt/f581c706-6111-47b8-ac9d-41dff4277bcd
  4. how to convert drive from mbr to gpt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MBR to GPT had drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MBR to GPT had drive: I’m trying to do a build with my cousin, he set the drive with windows to GPT because he said the msi MB can’t read MBR. Computer booted fine with just the windows drive. We plugged in my other drives and got this error https://i.imgur.com/CcjpMMA.jpg. His friend is claiming...
  6. new installation gpt not mbr

in Windows 10 Customization
    new installation gpt not mbr: I have assembled a new desktop computer that has eufi bios. My existing computer on which I am writing this question is a Legacy bios how do I get a win10 installed on the new one, as the "Media Creation Tool" copy won't work. Thanks Keith...
  7. Mixing drives with GPT and MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixing drives with GPT and MBR: All the drives in an old computer are MBR drives. Windows 10 is installed on one of these drives. A friend gave me a 2T disk drive which is GPT. I installed the drive and the computer seems to recognize it . Can I leave it as a GPT drive or should I convert it to MBR. This...
  8. Mixing drives with GPT and MBR

in Windows 10 Support
    Mixing drives with GPT and MBR: All the drives in an old computer are MBR drives. Windows 10 is installed on one of these drives. A friend gave me a 2T disk drive which is GPT. I installed the drive and the computer seems to recognize it . Can I leave it as a GPT drive or should I convert it to MBR. This...
  9. mbr and gpt on the same drive

mbr and gpt on the same drive: so a clean install on a crucial mx500 ssd. used uefi from usb stick to install windows so that it would create the gpt partition. all updates installed fine and when i checked the drive using a portable partition manager, i had a system reserved partition, an mbr partition,...
  10. GPT or MBR

GPT or MBR: Or MBR or GPT Asus laptop with 8.1 installed. One disk, 2 partitions. I've installed 10 a number of times, VM and dual boot on desktop. Went to install 10, dual boot. When I got to picking the partition, said "Cannot be installed, selected disk is of the MBR partition...