Windows 10: How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

Discus and support How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AmadGhani, Jun 1, 2022.

1. AmadGhani Win User

How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below

:)

AmadGhani, Jun 1, 2022

2. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Jun 1, 2022
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 1, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

1. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name - Similar Threads - Remove Specific Part

2. How to remove internet access to a specific file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove internet access to a specific file: Well i want to remove internet access to a specific a .exe file, do you any way to do that or any kind of softwares ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-internet-access-to-a-specific-file/1d0299d3-b3ee-4739-a6ab-ebd9563c123b
  3. How to remove internet access to a specific file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove internet access to a specific file: Well i want to remove internet access to a specific a .exe file, do you any way to do that or any kind of softwares ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-internet-access-to-a-specific-file/1d0299d3-b3ee-4739-a6ab-ebd9563c123b
  4. How to remove internet access to a specific file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

in Cortana
    How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer: In Windows 10 File Explorer, is there an AND operator that will allow you to seach for documents with a specifc name and which contain a specific phrase?For instance, can I search for documents with name:"Operating Agreement" which also contain the phrase "termination for...
  6. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer: In Windows 10 File Explorer, is there an AND operator that will allow you to seach for documents with a specifc name and which contain a specific phrase?For instance, can I search for documents with name:"Operating Agreement" which also contain the phrase "termination for...
  7. How to Seach for Documents with specific name and specific phrase in File Explorer

8. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  9. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  10. Remove part file name in bunch of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove part file name in bunch of files: I have a bunch of files that have the same name in all the files. I do not want to go through all 244 files and remove it manually. They are MP3's that I have purchased and saved. I got hit with ransonware a few weeks ago, and it renamed all of my mp3's with the extension...